1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Kyterrans 1.0.0.3

Subterranean Ash-Desert Mining-Knight Antlions!

1. Skyligh
    The Kyterrans: Subterranean Ash-Desert Mining-Knight Antlions!
    IconKyterra.png
    ---------------------------

Basic Mod Introduction:
    Only my second species mod after like three years of modding. Where the Saturnians mod was focused on wizards, this one is focused on warriors.

Kyterrans are an antlion species from the same planet the Saturnians and Thaumoth are from, Myrasyl. (In fact, Kyterrans used to be an NPC-only species within the Saturnians mod.)

IMPORTANT:
    -This mod has taken way to long for me to finish, and I'm getting burnt out. I want to put this on hold to return to later.
    -That said, this mod as it is right now already has plenty of content though. I don't want to just hold on to this fully playable mod forever just because of writer's block and cosmetics.

Ok, so what isn't finished then?
    -Some items have placeholder descriptions. (archer/mage armor, clothes, etc.)
    -There isn't really a lot of lore in the mod.
    -Kyterrans are a bit lacking in clothing options.
    -The current flag is a placeholder.

drill.PNG

armor2.png

furniture.PNG

all armor.PNG

Mod Features:
    Playable Kyterran Species.
    -Kyterrans don't have a humanoid body shape like most species. As such, they use their own clothing/armor.
    -Kyterrans resist 25% of fire damage, and cannot be set on fire.

Customization options:
    -Primary Color (Some color options also change their head color or eye color)
    -Alt Color (Changes shoulder, foot, and claw colors)
    -Antennae Style
    -Lens Color (Yes, those are lenses on their face! Their actual eyes are about the size of a Floran's)

Weapons:
    -Drill lances, weaponized drills that can mine tiles
    -Greatswords, slightly weightier two handed swords
    -Two bows and two staves for tiers 5 and 6
    -Duplicates of the Saturnian Maces (with unique looks for tier 4 and tier 5)
    -Kyterrans can craft all default, vanilla weapons that other races can craft (with the exception of the Novakids' guns)

Armor/Clothes:
    -Sets of armor for all 6 tiers
    -4 sets of clothes: Three robe sets, and a Protectorate Uniform
    -4 hats

Furniture:
    -A custom Kyterran mannequin that can display their clothes/armor
    -Obsidian furniture (a table, chair, bed, desk, crate, and door).
    -Some furniture carried over from Saturnians (Kyterran banners, orange and cyan crystal lamps)

Two farmables:
    -Lava Bulbs- a glowing fruit that's related to the Lumens Saturnians grow. Non-Kyterrans may not be able to handle its spiciness. Instead of rotting, Lavabulbs cool.
    -Ashrooms- a small mushroom that grows from ceilings. It doesn't need any tilling.
    -You can make several food items with these.

Misc:

-Edited Saturnian ship that was already an edited Glitch ship.
    -Armored crab pet, edited from the vanilla Hylotl pet.

Links
    This mod's repository is here: https://github.com/CyanSkyKnight/Kyterrans

Want to support me? I have a Ko-fi now: https://ko-fi.com/cyanskyknight
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Cryptoid and Saint Apollyon like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Saint Apollyon
    Saint Apollyon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Great stuff! I really look forward to whatever else you add for this race, not that there's any rush of course, I know artist/writers block is a pain. 6/5 stars (sixth star is for the knight crab because oh my god)
  2. Armok
    Armok
    5/5,
    kinda bummed they're not part of the saturnian race mod itself, but I suppose it doesn't hurt for these guys to be their own separate mod, good work as always!
  3. sayter
    sayter
    5/5,
    Fantastic work as always :)