1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Theme Mod 2.0

The not-too-distant Future is here! The MST3K Theme Mod 2.0 gives you a new ship, crew and costumes!

1. HitchhikerBros
    ==================================================
    The MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000 Theme Mod ver. 2.0
    **Latest Compatible version** Starbound 1.3.3
    {{{{ The Hitchhiker Bros }}}}
    (((( Original "Satellite of Love" Ship by Okash ))))
    "In the not-too-distant Future... Somewhere in Time and Space..."

*** TO FULLY ENJOY THIS MOD YOU MAY WISH TO ALSO DOWNLOAD

Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator 3.8.1
    CREATED BY KAWA ***
    This will allow you to also play as the Tom Servo or Crow T. Robot Race Mods!
    It's a completely new inarticulate limbs sort of action packed adventure! ***

THANK YOU for downloading this Mystery Science Theater 3000 Themed Mod pack!

[​IMG]

"IN THE NOT-TOO-DISTANT FUTURE... SOMEWHERE IN TIME AND SPACE... DR. FORRESTER AND TV'S FRANK DESTROYED THE WHOLE HUMAN RACE!!!

MOD FEATURES:
    JOEL, MIKE and JONAH COSTUMES! -
    [​IMG]
    Now you too can look just like your favorite Experiment Subject from the Satellite of love! Dress up as either Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, or the new guy Jonah Heston! All Items are provided from the start, but are also craftable at the Spinning Wheel.

THE SATELLITE OF LOVE SHIPMOD! -
    [​IMG]
    You can finally cruise the Galaxy in the brand new "Satellite of Love" Ship for the Human and Bot races! This mod is geared towards Co-Op, so two Ship Lockers are included, as well as ample space for storage and display is provided.

Included in each Storage locker:
    - Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, and Jonah Heston costume sets!
    - A Bot spawner to summon Crow and Tom as crew members anywhere you please!
    *The spawner is random, so sometimes you may need to try it more than once to get the Bot you desire.
    - 100 Lava, which can be used to dispatch any duplicate or unwanted Bots.
    - Invisible Helmet and Backpack items so you can still use back items but keep your aesthetic. The Invisible Helmet is meant so you can just use whatever haircut you want, rather than the wigs.

TWO NEW RACES: TOM SERVO and CROW T. ROBOT! -
    [​IMG]

This mod works perfectly all on its own, however, by installing a Custom Race Editor Mod, such as Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator, you will be able to start the game as either Crow T. Robot or Tom Servo! Their arms don't really work, but through the miracle of Matter Manipulation they are able to manage most things. Perfect for Co-Op gameplay!

TITLE MENU MUSIC CHANGED TO MST3K THEME! -
    [​IMG]
    The Title Theme that plays when the game starts and during the Character Creation Menu has been changed to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Theme song, however it is the Instrumental version, but it is great for Karaoke!

[​IMG]

This mod is based off the Original Satellite of Love Ship Mod, created by Okash back in December of 2013. Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) was a staple of my Saturday mornings when I was growing up, and back in late 2013 when I joined the Starbound community it was Okash's MST3K Mod and his Red Dwarf Starbug 1 that inspired me to start learning how to make these things in the first place. Unfortunately Okash is no longer active on these Forums for Starbound.

[​IMG]

I wanted to revive the MST3K Ship mod, as well as add in a few ideas I had myself.
    The Mod is based off of the Original "Ship from Mystery Science Theatre 3000" Mod by early modder Okash.

All the real credit goes to him. Thanks bud.
    Mystery Science Theater 3000 (C) Best Brains, Inc.

Created by Joel Hodgson, Mike J. Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy
    THIS MOD PACK WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE IF NOT FOR THE INVALUABLE MOD COMMUNITY ON THE OFFICIAL FORUMS,
    AS WELL AS THESE MOD DEVELOPERS:
    - Terrible Tom - Co-moddr
    - Okash - Original concept
    - Kawa - Race Extender
    - C0bra5 - Race Base mod
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    AmazonValkyrie likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. Drake Wyrm Silverwing
    Drake Wyrm Silverwing
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Alright another original MST3K fan! Awesome mod here! I see you improved upon the original ship design by adding the right amount of doors and the theater. XD heh only thing i can think of to add would be making Gypsy the S.A.I.L. interface somehow.. or would that be Magic Voice?
    1. HitchhikerBros
      Author's Response
      Thank you my friend! Glad you're enjoying it! A Gypsy S.A.I.L would be amazing, and probably not that hard to do, but I would prefer to have Gypsy and Cambot crew members instead!
  2. Feenie13
    Feenie13
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    I am BEYOND elated to see this mod, you have no idea! Thank you so so so so so so much!!
    1. HitchhikerBros
      Author's Response
      You're very welcome! The only reason I made this up was so that True fans could geek out like I did. Keep circulating the tapes!