1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Rattan Crop 1.20 (CG)

Adds a renewable source of Wicker to the game

1. Mackinz
    The Rattan Mod
    The First Official Mod of the Gallavoir
    by Mackinz

[​IMG]
    A demonstration of the Rattan crop by the Gallavoir Futterborn.
    Who are the Gallavoir? Click here for more information.

What is Rattan

It is a climbing vine-like type of palm tree that grows in Southeast Asia, a heavily farmed resource best known for its use in furniture making as Wicker.

That's right, this mod adds craft-able Wicker to the game (about damn time).

What is added in Rattan

This mod adds Rattan Seeds, Rattan Nuts, and Rattan Fibers to the game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    From Left to Right:
    Rattan Seed, Rattan Nut, Rattan Fiber

Obtaining Rattan

Rattan can be obtained in one of two ways:
    1. Rattan Seeds can be bought at the Terramart in the Outpost in sets of 3 for 90 Pixesl
    2. After successfully harvesting your first Rattan, you can use the Rattan Nuts obtained from harvesting and craft them into seeds if you have Unrefined Wood (caution: you will forever lose that wood)
    Crafting with Rattan

After successfully growing your first Rattan, you may notice that you have gained a few new recipes in your default crafting window. With these new recipes, you can turn your Rattan Fibers into Wicker blocks at a 2:1 ratio, Wicker Platforms at a 1:1 ratio, and five different Wicker Baskets which double as small, stack-able containers.

The future of Rattan

In the future, I would like to add in some new wicker-based furniture to the game. I would also like to make a recipe for Bone based off of Rattan, as Rattan has been shown to be able to be used as a "Wood Bone" bone replacement in sheep (and potentially humans) after going through a process which infuses it with both Carbon and Calcium. And more ideas as they come to mind.

Installing Rattan

Extract either the Rattan folder or Rattan modpack into your Starbound's Mods folder. (/starbound/mods/) Updating requires deletion of the old Rattan folder, and re-installation.

In addition to the base mod, there is also an optional RattanCompact mod included in the download. This mod affects how many Rattan plants can be planted in a certain area by compressing the Rattan plant to take only one block. Use it if you'd like.

Troubleshooting Rattan

Please do not use the review section for bug reports.

Please go to the Rattan thread or contact me, Mackinz, through a private conversation. I will need a copy of the contents of your starbound.log file, which can be found in your .../starbound/ folder.

Redistributing Rattan

Though you are free to add the Rattan mod to your Mod Packs, it is not recommended to integrate the Rattan mod into your mod. This is because of future conflict issues with the Gallavoir race (once I release it as more than a WIP). Otherwise, feel free to use it as you wish.
    Misc. Info

The BetterMerchants Company (a.k.a. Mackinz, a.k.a. Me) reserves the right to the following materialID numbers:
    19900 - 20000

The following materialIDs are currently in use:

19990 - Wicker Platform - The Rattan Crop mod

Credits
    Chucklefish, for Starbound
    Wikipedia, for being an awesome resource
    And you, the downloader, for downloading​
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Damiano de' Caretti likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. TheBigBlueSerpent
    TheBigBlueSerpent
    5/5,
    Version: 1.00
    Finally! I'll have to add this to my collection. :)
  2. ThiefNeo
    ThiefNeo
    4/5,
    Version: 1.00
    Pretty nice! I like it, its bugging out on Starfoundry though.