1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated The Tabula Rasa 2.1

Unified Crafting Bench for Mod Content

1. Otactu
    Otactu
    5/5,
    Version: V1.3
    Great Idea :)
  2. Deliphin
    Deliphin
    5/5,
    Useful. Well sprited. Easy to add any item to it.
  3. antares77
    antares77
    5/5,
    amazing! and work great!
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      Be sure to thank SnoopJedi as well! This was definitely more his show than mine. If joint ownership of mods was implemented (Tiy is looking into it) he would be the lead here.
  4. Dre__
    Dre__
    5/5,
    Very useful for any moded items put in the game.
  5. Hopalongtom
    Hopalongtom
    5/5,
    Makes trying out mod added items easy, and collecting them into a safe area non conflicting area.
  6. astaff
    astaff
    5/5,
    very good!
  7. chimp70
    chimp70
    5/5,
    its good
  8. teethmoon
    teethmoon
    5/5,
    As a lazy person, I can say that this has saved me so much time I could write a manifesto if I wasn't playing Starbound so much.
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      We're glad to hear it! We're also lazy, so we like a tool that let's us be lazy. I use TR to test my own mods quickly.
  9. Sc0rpi0n_k1ng
    Sc0rpi0n_k1ng
    5/5,
    So far so good. No problems, even if a mods not set to use it you can edit the recipes to add the mod tag your self and make it work.
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      That was the driving idea behind the original concept. Just tag and go.
  10. Xuhybrid
    Xuhybrid
    5/5,
    This is quite a useful crafting table for mod creators to support. You no longer have to ask people to modify their player.config or instruct users to add the recipes manually.
  11. Ceetee
    Ceetee
    5/5,
    Version: V1.2
    Great mod. Will definitely use this for the mod im in the middle of making.

I might suggest changing the recipe so its smelting a cobblestone, or re-smelting an iron ingot? I get that you wanted players to have access to it ASAP, but it seems like smelting the iron is less 'immersion breaking'.
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      Our thoughts here were to immediately allow any player easy access to their mod content. Part of the allure of Tabula Rasa is to be able to easily test out mod content, so putting the TR recipe itself further from the beginning might make more sense from an immersion standpoint, it make less sense from a functional standpoint.

When we are able to do merging, the Tabula Rasa will be a starting blueprint that anyone can craft for the cost of 1 pixel.
  12. Xisde108
    Xisde108
    5/5,
    Version: V1.1
    Awesome mod but the link isn't working after the 1.1
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      It seems a lot of problems are happening on the Repository servers. I'm trying over and over to upload the new update and every time it posts what I write but not the actual mod file. It's quite frustrating.
  13. Xuhybrid
    Xuhybrid
    4/5,
    Version: V1.0
    This is quite a useful crafting table for mod creators to support. You no longer have to ask people to modify their player.config or instruct users to add the recipes manually. There one thing i would change however. I don't think its necessary to be able to craft another Tabula Rasa from inside the Tabula Rasa. It adds unnecessary clutter in the crafting menu when the Generic Item demonstrates how to use it already.
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      It makes it so you can easily replicate further Tabula Rasa's to place elsewhere, ships, bases, etc, without cooking more torches, which I find awkward enough to do once.

At least, that was my logic.
  14. Patchumz
    Patchumz
    5/5,
    Very useful, and it couldn't be easier to use.
  15. LekramG
    LekramG
    5/5,
    Extreeeeeeemely helpful. Thanks a lot! :D
  16. Angelus.Nox
    Angelus.Nox
    5/5,
    perfect idea
    but the crafting recipe seems a litte strange :D
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      Yes cooking a torch was a little strange. But in order to prevent the Tabula Rasa itself from messing with any core files, we had to use a recipe that didn't edit any (i.e. a cooking or smelting station).

Using a torch on a campfire ensures any player new or old have easy and quick access to the TR.
  17. metadept
    metadept
    5/5,
    This provides a much-needed way to access a variety of mod recipes without every mod changing the base game files willy-nilly. It also looks incredibly classy.
  18. huhwhozat
    huhwhozat
    5/5,
    This is a solid way to collect mod recipes and simplify mod creation/installation until an official mod framework is implemented.
    1. LowestFormOfWit
      Author's Response
      That was the idea when we discussed the concept. The PAK file format will certainly change a lot of this process for the better, but Snoop would like to update the Tabula Rasa even after the file format change to keep the TR relevant as a quick way to test/implement minor mods.