1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Worthless Crystal Mod V1

Adds an upgradeable crystal to Starbound! Turn a useless glass crystal into a valuable tool!

1. ManicRykker
    UPDATE

The Worthless Crystal Mod has been merged with the PenguinPiracyMod. In the process, I have fixed a few bugs with the mod.

I suggest looking to that mod for the most stable version of the crystals.

THE WORTHLESS CRYSTAL MOD

[​IMG]

Introduction

This mod adds a new item to the game called the worthless crystal. It's a piece of shaped glass that does absolutely nothing...

Well, at first anyway.

You see, this crystal is special, despite it's composition: It's upgradeable. (How? I dunno.. science maybe?)

FEATURES

-Adds a new tool in the form of the worthless crystal
    -The crystal is fully upgradeable, complete with it's own progression path! (Crafted along the anvil and it's upgraded counterparts)
    -As the crystal is upgraded, it offers dozens of useful benefits while it is held, like regeneration and glow, to name a few.

Getting Started

Getting started with this mod is simple: When you create a new character, you will find the worthless crystal in your ship locker. (If you somehow managed to lose it, don't worry. It's also an empty-handed craftable.)

It is upgraded through the anvil, and it's various upgrades. (The forge, replicator, accelerator, manipulator, and separator.)

That's about all you need to know. The crystal acquires multiple abilities and enhancements as you upgrade it, turning it into a valuable piece of equipment.

A quick note: Though the crystal offers it's enhancements indefinitely, they are only active while you are holding it. It isn't just some item you can pull out for a few seconds to activate a few buffs. It is the "source" of it's buffs.

It also has a few drawbacks: Holding the crystal hinders your jump, and movement speed. (It may be a piece of glass, but it's heavy glass... who knows though. Maybe you could fix this flaw?)

That said, you will need to use it strategically!

Instructions for installation

1. Download the mod.
    2. Unzip the zip.
    3. In the extracted folder, there is a folder called "WorthlessCrystalMod". This is the mod. Put it in your mods folder.
    4. You're good to go!

Compatibility

It should play nice with other mods. If you have any issues using this mod with another mod, let me know, and I will look into it.

End notes

This mod was a bit of an out of no where project. I was working on my Penguin Race Mod, and it just kinda... "happened". Lol.
    It started out as a small feature in an update I was working on, that would add a crystal item that provides regeneration when held. Push came to shove though, and I started having ideas, and it ended up becoming so big, that I decided to cut it loose from my race mod, and make it it's own standalone thing.

This mod is "mostly" finished. I don't plan on adding any additional content to it. I WILL update it under the following circumstances though:

-If any future Starbound updates somehow break the mod horribly.
    -Balancing and bugfix updates (Fixing some big bug, adjusting crafting recipes, etc.)

Well that's about it. I hope you enjoy the mod! Have fun with your piece of glass!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.