Did you ever want to drastically speed up travel speed, explore inaccessible developer rooms or ruins without the tedium of breaking and mending?
Behold the Translocator Staff (a.k.a Teleportation Stave)!
This item will allow you to teleport to any free location on screen at will (you can even teleport through walls)
This mod does not add any dependencies, or alter any internal files and thus should be highly compatible with other mods.
Works with Version 1.0 of Starbound and up (multiple testers confirmed it's operation for version 1.2.2).
All you will need to craft this item are:
- Crafting station: Forge or replicator or better.
- 3 refined aegisalt
- 2 gold bars
- 1 diamond
- 1 teleporter core.
It's the standard process for most mods:
- Download the mod (you may need to be logged in)
- Unzip the file (7z, Winrar or another GUI work fine). Though as you're reading this, you've probably already done this.
- Drag and drop this "Translocator Staff Mod" folder into the ./mods/ folder
NOTE: If you are playing Starbound with Steam, the mod folder is usually located in:
NOTE 2: While it shouldn't be nescessary with this mod, you can back up your world in the "[Steam folder]\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage" folder.
- To spawn the item (as an admin):
Enter the command: "/spawnitem translocatorstaff"
- Feel free to use this on any let's play video, stream etc .
- You may redistribute this in a mod pack, so long as appropriate credit is given.
Other recommended mods:
- TheRealBatpanda for his Dark Kraken mod which provided a helpful example of staff configuration code,
- The Starbound dev team for such a great game
- Terraria's rod of discord which served as inspiration for this mod
- The Binary
- Tristian the Tricky
- # Some anonymous
- You, for downloading this mod
- UT-47A Kodiak Shuttle: Adds a flying vehicle to the game.
If you found this mod helpful and have a bit of spare time please leave a review or like the Youtube video.
If you have any feature suggestions, feedback, or compatibility issues, please post them in the discussion thread here:
Note - on the future of this mod:
While there were a number of additional features planned...such as a balanced combat version of the staff/secondary functions we've had to discontinue such plans for the time being. There are a few reasons for this (discounting the one person who abused us via our social media channels):
The main reason is that I'm currently working two jobs (games dev. project and a day job in CMS to fund it). As a result I'm currently working 65 hour weeks and am yet to find the time to get back to this mod.
That said this mod has been maintained so that it is compatible with all known post-release builds of Starbound and will continue to be for the foreseeable future
There have also been a couple of contacts who have offered to build on the existing foundation to make new mods.
Also check out Aura of Worlds.
It's a creative strategy roguelike platformer my studio's been working on for the past few years.
It has a strong focus on exploration, improvisation and manipulating the worlds to your advantage.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Translocator Staff (a.k.a. Teleportation Stave) 1.0
Teleport at will to any free location you can see. Travel faster or reach inaccessible areas.