1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

USS Polaris (Tiered USCM deep-space Frigate) beta 1.7.1 (+ mod)

A large military frigate for people willing to play human and nomadic lifestyle...

1. martrial
    martrial
    5/5,
    Version: beta 1.7.1 (+ mod)
    hey how i get more crew why this mod remove upgrades but make update i get indinite crew
  2. doomtrigger
    doomtrigger
    3/5,
    How do i use ship mods when every i put them in the game will crash on start.
  3. Black Rose
    Black Rose
    5/5,
    I really like this ship! One quick suggestion, could you add proximity sensors to the doors so you go faster in it? Because it's huge, and movement shouldn't be a problem... just sayin.

Also, if you want, could you upload your ship file and the mods you use so I can complete it? Thanks!
  4. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    hey i hope i dont annoy you but i had a idea IF you want invincebl backgraounds you can do it just like the xeno cargo ship and not draw the back ground ot put it into the ships file thus you can use your stealth blocks how i guess you wanted to usem +if you want a window you can just punch a hole into the ship xD...
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Yes, it would be quite easy to make a backgroundless version, but I like to keep this default design, in the first place it help players to have an idea on how rooms are assigned a utility originaly (hangar, crew quarters etc...).
      For the moment, I'm facing serious problems with internet, I have to wait september to see this fixed, so, for the moment, progress is slow. I thinks when I will be able to make a workshop support, there will be several variant version, like one without specific background design...
  5. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    Version: beta 1.7 (1.0 compatible)
    i have been waiting for thisss since the offical realese of strabound great job and thank you for all the effort
  6. Disboard
    Disboard
    5/5,
    Version: beta 1.6a
    This mode is pretty cool.
    But I can't hire a crew.
    I don't know whether it was my problem.
    So, please confirm it.
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Sorry, but this mod isnt currently functionnal under 1.0 version, its even normal,in facts I havent included in the tiers files a number for the cre :/
      Please do not make reviews for the moment, but instead please use the forum thread dedicated to this, Im trying painfully to update it, but various things are still beyon my limited knowledge...so, it wont be soon apparently, un less some things are unlocked for me.
  7. lke24
    lke24
    5/5,
    Love this ship in the past cant wait for when i can use it in SB v1.0
  8. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    its great seeing that you are working on this AWESOME GIANT OF A SPACE CRAFT if you need info on lua i belive there is info whit in the unoffical guide book for modding starbound.
  9. ARMORS
    ARMORS
    5/5,
    You make this ship for version 1.0? I can`t start the game because, I'm waiting for when it will be available: 3
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      I'm currently facing a problem with the new booster sytem, that integrate a lua script (I'm not really familiar with it).
      So the rear big boosters arent functionnal (they still dont display the new jump frames). I have finished all whats related to graphics, I just have to make everything work as expected.
      I know its almost a week starbound is released, but I cant really go much faster for the moment (especially, if I must think about a version without any bug, that may also be on the workshop), since a few things are actually beyond my knowledge, so I'm currently trying to find some help on the forum...
  10. Shakar
    Shakar
    5/5,
    I must say... While this ship isn't for me personally, it is freaking massive! I simply love how much potential storage is there on the ship. Only reason I took a look, though, is someone was saying it wasn't working on 1.0 (And I downloaded to see if that was the case, but it's working fine for me). Again, while this mod isn't for me, I give you kudos for making a really nice looking ship here! I would suggest making a second version that has background blocks though, for those that do want to customize it without going through the hassle of making blocks turn invisible though. This way people can pick and choose between the two.
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks you for your review ^^
      Indeed yes, I may have to make invisible blocks myself since this trick with painted matter block is quite boring to use for all the ship, so instead should be spawned, to keep the visual from the background, while still removable.
      This version seems to work with 1.0, but a few things have changed like the size of the teleporter (that will need a whole dedicated room now); that require me to make some fixes to have a completly, but its the week end, and I will have some time to work on this mod.
      This ship is quite cheaty, I still have to find a way to balance it.
      I recommand to use it only after having completed the game at least once without. But if you have a character at the end of the game for exemple, its possible throught chat commands to replace your ship with this one, as a tier 8 ship (just cleanse totally your old ship before, otherwise you lose stuff, or the game could crash).
  11. 4sent4
    4sent4
    5/5,
    Good mod with very large ship(i will not have problems with place), but you can make it realy tiered(if it possible)not only decorations, because in early game it make some disbalance. Anyway, this mod awesomу *-*
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks, I'm currently working on a way to balance it (but I will keep appart a creative version, because in my mind, I made it first for personnal purpose as a cheaty ship because I dont like to settle on planets, and prefer instead of colonist have a large crew). The ship will likely be damaged and you will have to repair it, unlocking specific rooms with tiering upgrades ...but I prefer to wait for 1.0, when all functionnalities will be released...
  12. Cloud1975
    Cloud1975
    3/5,
    This is good and all, But is it possible at all to Modify the files so this can be used with Custom races, Specificly Ningen?
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Yes, its possible (actually you are not the first to ask me this question for the ningens ^^), but you will have to change a few things in race mod files.
      I have already explained how in my long and messy description for this mod (also my english is a bit uncomplete, so I understand that fewer people would read it). Basicly, in "ship" you will have to copy a folder, and name it 'ningen' for exemple here (the ID of the custom race). Then open it and replace in the name of every .structure files the ID of the race with "ningen" or whatever...
      If you have any question or problem, dont hesitate to post in the dedicated thread, it will be easier to answer...with the release of 1.0 soon, I'm often around there ^^
  13. itsmickib
    itsmickib
    5/5,
    I LOVE this ship. It's perfect, that's all I can really say. I only wish I didn't have to put 'invinsible' block everywhere so that I could place stuff on the walls...it took me a while, since it's such a big ship. Anyway, thank you so much for it!
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      thanks for your review ^^
      Indeed yes, I'm still looking for a way to generate prepainted matter blocks in the background, but apparently, doesnt seem to be possible directly in the files (no options displayed).
      I think I will have to make a custom block that emulate these properties, and reverse, to have a block naturally invisible, but wich can be turned visible by painting the wall if the player want to make a custom background.
  14. matrix1368
    matrix1368
    5/5,
    Fantastic. Seriously. I thought it was smaller (that's what she said), the design. The textures, I love them all.
    Maybe an idea, isn't it something to re-design the main items of the ship. Like the teleporter, Tech Station etc to something that fits the ship. Just an idea.

Love the mod. Thanks :D
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks ^^
      Thats a nice idea, If I have some time this summer, I will try to update the main functionnal parts to the blue border/military grey charts of the ship, because default human gear is based on a rusty red, or even more than this along coming ideas...
  15. Ap-Doge
    Ap-Doge
    5/5,
    Version: beta 1.6
    Even for a first mod it's incredibly AMAZING, the ship is bloody giant and filled with detailed and lovely pixel art and I can see that you have put a lot of time on it.
    Good shit mate.
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks ^^
      Indeed yes, i spent a lot of time during the last years to refine the design with knowledge from sci-fi series, various books etc with indications about the structure of most starship to end with quite a "realistic one"...bof for most of pieces, human design comes from a lot of abandonned mods from koala version (credited at least in the description) or forgotten game assets, mostly amplified with photoshop so they could quite fit together in a whole. a few parts are entirely new, but in fact, I could not really deviate from the main graphisms if the ship would still be a human design. But I believe there are still more things could be done with 1.0 features...
  16. texniko
    texniko
    5/5,
    Version: beta 1.6
    Good .I even ready to help you, if that, and learning is never too late .
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I dont thinks I need much help for the moment (the ship is already very large a difficult to run for most computers, so I probably wont enlarge it), but if you have any suggestion, idea, or even sketchs, I would gladly take it, and probably introduce it in the next updates, if its still quite feasible ^^
  17. Daleborn
    Daleborn
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5b
    I'm gonna say, my last review is obsolete. I find it perfect the way it is, I have a cargo room, a mech bay, crew quarters, a kitchen, a library, med bay/lab, a more advanced lab and a brig. I am honestly struggling to find appropriate stuff to fill it, even with Frackin' Universe, where on a vanilla ship I was struggling to find room. Honestly I found no major problems, the only one being trying to designate rooms. I LOVE this ship!
  18. Alt777
    Alt777
    5/5,
    Beautiful ship! Its wonderfully made and could support anyone's adventure from orbit. Unfortunately my PC is a POS so it lags like hell, to the point I can't even open doors. But to me that's no reason to give it a bad rating. Its truly an amazing ship. :)
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      Thanks you for you review ^^
      Yes, I recommand to have quite a good computer to run it, even my new one have sometime troubles to load it and make it fluid all the time. I hope Chucklefish will fix this problem wit the release build.
  19. arch_gamer82
    arch_gamer82
    5/5,
    Awesome ship!!!
  20. Sir Wilfrey
    Sir Wilfrey
    5/5,
    Pretty dang cool bro. needed a ship for playing my Lets Play, this does wonderfully! I look forwards to progress on this mod!
    1. Velornar
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you found this ship usefull for an adventure on video ^^ If you have any suggestion to make from your experience of captain, dont hesitate, there are probably many things that could be added, or things I would have missed during the making of the mod, fo a next update.