1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Vespoids! 1.04

Adds a race of nature loving bees/wasps to the game.

1. Combine244
    Combine244
    4/5,
    Version: (GG)
    Im in love with this race mod. I'm still so excited to play it....one thing though. I've noticed the armor damage percentages are ridiculous on the armor. (such as -60% on black hornet pants, -25% on scavengers breastplate, and so on). I was wondering if this is a bug, or if it is just intentional. Its causing me to do no damage xD
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      @!@ Oh whoops. I forgot that it when from a percentage to a multiplier! FIXING! @!@
  2. ismo122
    ismo122
    5/5,
    Version: Name generator issue
    Giant bees are the best <3
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Yes they are. ^!^ ...unless you're allergic.
  3. infernalteuthis
    infernalteuthis
    1/5,
    Version: More compatibility
    While it's a cute idea, the color options are sort of lacking. They tend to clash, and the dark black primary is so similar in color to they eye you lose the eye.

Also having "tard___" and "____ von tits" in the namegen is super gross.
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Ah hell, I've been meaning to remove those! Thanks for the input.
  4. InfinityGaming
    InfinityGaming
    5/5,
    Version: More compatibility
    Excellent. Now I can live out my wildest bee-related fantasies in SPACCCCCCE.
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Glad I could...help...with...that? xD
  5. Skoon
    Skoon
    5/5,
    Version: Compatability
    I absolutely adore this race. I even went so far as to draw my character. I call her Fuzzy.

The names are amusing, the animation on the wings is great, and wasp-ish people are very cute (the anthro sort of waspish not the middle class white family ;P).

GRYATE JORB, HOMSTYAR!
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Hehe, glad you enjoy it. ^!^ If I may be so bold...can I see said drawing? ^!^
  6. superbrendo
    superbrendo
    5/5,
    Version: Compatability
    great mod i love it
    1. AnthonySkunk89
  7. CoolerStreet
    CoolerStreet
    5/5,
    Version: PG now with Tenants
    Awesome!
    1. AnthonySkunk89
  8. Magnusito
    Magnusito
    4/5,
    Version: Pleased Giraffe patch.
    I like this race, but for some reason the NPC that gives you the first boss quest doesn't recognize the steel tier armor as steel tier. I had to spawn an apex racial steel armor in order to proceed further on the history. :(
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      I noticed that thismorning, but had to go to work. However give me a bit, I'll have it working again.
  9. Kelthazan
    Kelthazan
    4/5,
    Version: Pleased Giraffe patch.
    I love this and cant wait until it's all finished up with bee related things. An actual "hive" ship would be bomb. Starbound is in desperate need of more bug races! Next I hope to see spiders. Great job!
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      That would be fun to do, minus the animating of all them legs. @!@
  10. Nostur
    Nostur
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Awesome!
  11. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    I cant wait for the weapons! I can imagine one of them being like the floran needlers, except with a yellow/black color scheme and the ammo resembling a bee stinger!
  12. BloodyAngel
    BloodyAngel
    5/5,
    This is my favorite race by far because i have an obsession with bees.... it may be unhealthy
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Tizz not a bad thing. ^!^
  13. FuryMan007
    FuryMan007
    5/5,
    Excellent but, this mod has its own armor and weapons right?
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Armor yes, weapons, not yet.
  14. ismo122
    ismo122
    5/5,
    This is perfect. Especially with Bees mod. Only thing this mod needs npcs
  15. ConstructPylons
    ConstructPylons
    5/5,
    I really like this race, Starbound was missing an insectoid-type people like this and you've created a great race to fill that void. I look forward to seeing this mod fleshed out even further!
  16. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8
    Maybe update description? Make it a little more "appealing" ;P (Sorry if I spelled that wrong, and "spelled" too, not from the US nor UK :D)
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Sadly, I'm not one that is able to pazzaz a page. xD
  17. Setsy
    Setsy
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    Amazing <3333
  18. TheSpiderDungeon
    TheSpiderDungeon
    5/5,
    Version: 0.6
    FINALLY. I think I love you.
  19. SuncastingSorceress
    SuncastingSorceress
    4/5,
    Version: 0.5
    This mod is pretty great! the art for the race is adorable, there are however minor glitches with the sprites. I noticed while the vespoid is swimming there seems to be a floating row of white pixels above the head, and I guess this may be from the wings. I look forward to seeing updates for this race in the future! Keep up the good work. ❤
    1. AnthonySkunk89
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what I can do about the image clipping. :3
  20. Lindazana
    Lindazana
    5/5,
    Version: 0.5
    Yessss.... Space Bees! Amusingly, me and a friend have been discussing and making a alien race, and came up with something very similar to this..then you make up this mod. Wonderful timing and coincidence, lets us actually have characters of these in a game. The race looks great, and I can't wait to see what you have in the works for it!