1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Tech Mod V.0.6.0.2

Adds special techs that can only be used with certain weapons.

1. kidthig
    kidthig
    5/5,
    Version: V.0.6.0.2
    having problem downloading it doesn't come up the folder after download
  2. Scorpion1435
    Scorpion1435
    4/5,
    anyone know where I can find the gun tech because I only found the axe, broadsword, daggers, and spear.
  3. sashabell
    sashabell
    5/5,
    оК,ок,ок
  4. Electro Bro
    Electro Bro
    5/5,
    Really well done, a mod i looked forward to when PG was released and i am really happy that it's out now. I only have one question though, did you make this mod by yourself or did you have someone help you?
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review. Except for those who gave me some advice at starbound forum, I made this by myself.
  5. PotatoSS
    PotatoSS
    3/5,
    Version: V.0.6.0.1
    Very, very difficult mod. I do not understand absolutely nothing, how to use it
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for reviewing this mod. I do hope that I can find simpler way to explain this mod. I will refine the codex in future update if I can.
  6. DaedricShadow
    DaedricShadow
    5/5,
    Version: V.0.6.0
    Fantastic mod! Great work on those sprites, and the techs are very original! The only thing I would change is the 'blue man' sprites to make it look a bit more like the vanilla characters' shape. Other than that, perfect mod. Chucklefish is actually implementing a secondary weapon ability mechanic, so this could open up some opportunities to make modding a little easier.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for reviewing this mod. For me, drawing sprites takes more time than scripting codes so I had to make them crude so that I can finish it quicker. I do hope to have some free time to retexture those sprites though.
  7. Idemuso
    Idemuso
    5/5,
    Version: V. 0.5.5
    So, when i discovered this mod, Starbound updated to Pleased Giraffe so i don't really played this. let's hope the update arrives so i can finally slash the f#ck out of my enemies
  8. mazzu00
    mazzu00
    1/5,
    sorry but when i open my account. without this mod. it crash and i cant do nothing! pls help me
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      I'm sorry but I do not understand what you're saying right now. Are you saying that the game does run with my mod, but it doesn't when you run it without my mod? I need more specific information about this issue. Please reply this message on discussion section.
  9. rockristjan
    rockristjan
    5/5,
    This mod is great.
    I hope some new techs get added like axe tech, hammer tech, 1-handed sword tech and axe tech or something like that.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for reviewing my mod! Currently, I'm planning to add axe tech in V.0.6.0 update.
  10. Renjmon
    Renjmon
    5/5,
    The shock for shock . Gorgeous modification.
    Be sure to take it.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thnx for the review! :)
  11. SkyNinjaGod
    SkyNinjaGod
    5/5,
    This mod is perfect for me! My only concern is that if it works on multiplayer, since I can use it for RP, since it goes according with my backstory. It would be amazing to know if it works! :D
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for reviewing this mod. Unfortunately, this mod currently doesn't support PVP due to the balancing issue. But it will be in the future update.
  12. doom_knight07
    doom_knight07
    5/5,
    its awesome but i dont know how to install this mod
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
  13. Sir Bananington
    Sir Bananington
    5/5,
    Best weapon tech-mod i've seen so far. And on a sidenote, any plans for Axe tech?
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for your review. And yes, I do plan to add axe tech in next sub-major update once I get done polishing the spear tech.
  14. sa345yuytrewq
    sa345yuytrewq
    1/5,
    Version: V. 0.5.4
    It says my google web browser can not handle this download it is above 79.89 mb can you help please?
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      This file is .modpak file, so it is natural that google drive cannot scan correctly. Just click the download button and it will be loaded. When the downloading is finished, put the file into the mods file. If everything goes right, the game will automatically initialize this mod.
  15. Rex Blackbeak
    Rex Blackbeak
    5/5,
    Wonderful Mod But The(Other) Sprites Actually Sucks, But Look At Those Awesome Tech's (Looks Like Bleach)
  16. Vaqunc
    Vaqunc
    4/5,
    I like most of this mod. The sprites (the look of all the weapons) look really really bad.. If you want my advice, try asking on the forums if someone could help you. Also the way you acquire the stuff from this mod is kind of boring. Here's a idea: Make some sort of story. For example: pick a npc from the outpost, maybe that creepy guy on the far right. Make him teach us the techs. Only if possible ofc. Other than that this mod is awesome. I love the techs A LOT! Especially the sword ones. Oh and if you want to add new techs, make one for bows, please! I'm using a modded bow myself, and I'm sure you could think of some amazing ideas for bows.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the helpful feedback. I'll keep those in mind.
  17. FadeJoker
    FadeJoker
    4/5,
    I really like this mod and with all the animation, but sometimes when I use the tech my character usually disappears and the fact that I go inside the wall when I use the dual wield tech. But I do love this mod and wish to see what you add more into this mod :)
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      I'm glad that you liked my mod. Unfornately, is's still WIP so there might be some bugs in it. I'll catch them as soon as I can
  18. Ryuri_Yamamoto
    Ryuri_Yamamoto
    5/5,
    I love this mod but does it work with Ningen race? Thanks for the time coding it, have a nice day.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Recently, I patched this mod with racial compatibility update. It should work properly with any custom races. And Thanks for the review :)
  19. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    5/5,
    This mod is stupid:
    Weapon is too awesome, didn't mention wonderful particular.
    How to use and blah blah is way too amazing
    Did i say that this mod is a waste of time and make you wanna play Starbound more?
    TOO BAD, 5/5 stars >:3

(pls just a joke, dun kill meh)
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      reverse sarcasm,LOL. Thanks for the compliment!
  20. Freyon
    Freyon
    5/5,
    Version: V. 0.5.3
    I really like this mod. Particularly because it makes melee feel so good. I'll go ahead and say I'm not really a fan of the special weapons. Not because of power, but I just don't like the style. The howling soul in particular looks kinda meh, especially on the handle.

While the custom swing animation is interesting, it doesn't really make sense to swing it upwards IMO. It just looks ugly...

I hope the creator will add more, varied skills to the existing weapons, as well as weapons such as short-swords, hammers and axes. Some other gun techniques for handguns, shotguns , and such would also be appreciated.

My favorite skills are the ones used with a broadsword (2-handed sword). They feel extremely satisfying to use, if a bit overpowered on the later tiers.

That said there are still a few bugs with the mod. When using the Dual Daggers 2nd skill, my character will usuall disappear completely afterwards, requiring a restart. This bug also happens sometimes with the broadsword's 2nd skill, and I've had it happen with the first one too occasionally.

All in all, a great mod that really adds to melee.
    1. Riuny
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the constructive feedback. I'll keep this mod updated and work on the existing bugs quickly as possible.