1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] MrPigeon's Spell Tomes 0.1

Some magic you haven't seen before

1. Mr_Pigeon
    Note: This mod is WIP! There are a lot of work to do and a lot of bugs to fix. Please tell me about any issues with this mod. If you have some ideas, write a message in the discussion![​IMG]

[​IMG] MrPigeon's Spell Tomes

Q: What does this mod add?
    A: This mod's name is meaning. Yes, it adds some magical spell books and ways to obtain them.

Q: How can i get a spell tome?
    A: It's simple. First, you should craft some [​IMG] Empty Books on a sewing machine. Next, you need to make an [​IMG] Enchanter's Shrine on a tier 3 Inventor's Table. Then just put there an empty book and [​IMG] enchant it. After it you can see what spell is this.

Q: What spells can I get?
    A: Now there are 4 obtainable spell tomes:
    [​IMG] Tome of Flames is the simpliest but not the weakest spell book. It just shoots fireballs. Don't underestimate it, and it'll work great.
    [​IMG] Plasma Hell, the second book, shoots small plasma balls but when it's charged it can release a powerful sphere of energy.
    [​IMG] Solus Eruption casts energy shards like Solus Katana. After a charge it'll shoot a high-speed solus bolt with big damage.
    [​IMG] The last tome, the Glacial Wave, will cast bouncing ice waves which can leave a damaging trail while charged.

Q: How do the spell tomes work? Are they similar to staves?
    A: Now they aren't. These magical weapons are for faster combat. You can cast spells and move around the battle field, Projectiles aim at your coursor when you release them, after it you can move your mouse freely.

Q: Are these things balanced?
    A: Not yet... but wait, this mod is WIP, just wait for the next updates!

Q: What are you planning to do?
    A: First, i'll just add more spells to have a reasonable amount of them. After that i should make the enchanting process harder and change the Enchanter's Shrine a crafting station instead of this Refinery-like thing.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    kyajin22, starwarsfan1011 and qs820 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. EvadICU
    EvadICU
    4/5,
    Version: 0.1
    nice
  2. hinigashi
    hinigashi
    5/5,
    sweet
  3. Ranmaul
    Ranmaul
    5/5,
    I love you soooo much! :D
    Best mod eveeeeeeer~
  4. olsenitis
    olsenitis
    4/5,
    its good could you relies it on steam
  5. Testamentexe
    Testamentexe
    4/5,
    4/5
    It gives that missing fix for the game that should have been there from the start, but due to it being a wip I can't give a full judgement on it.

All I can hope for is that more mods like this becomes a thing!
  6. tylergx767
    tylergx767
    5/5,
    AWESOME!!
  7. starwarsfan1011
    starwarsfan1011
    5/5,
    I love this mod i cant wait for more spells
  8. Renadeus
    Renadeus
    4/5,
    It's pretty good so far. Why not make the spells change shape depending on its charge, instead of making them act like bows?
    1. Mr_Pigeon
      Author's Response
      Why not? Because I'm pretty bad in coding, sorry :P
      Thanks for reviewing!
  9. Naeryth
    Naeryth
    5/5,
    Mod wonderful, I finally found a mod related to magic, it was what was missing in the starbound :D