1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP: The Viera of Ivalice 0.3.2

The Viera of Ivalice have fled to the stars

1. Revitalization of all Objects & Tiles + New Objects & Tiles

AmazonValkyrie
    Finally an update, riiiiiight?!

I haven't had a chance to take screenshots as per usual for my updates so I'm just going to list everthing:

-All previous objects and tiles have been re-touched. Some looks may still change, but all tiles now have color options, so you can paint each one! I've utilized the color schemes seen in architecture across Ivalice to create the various options. I'm aiming to do the same for all of the objects in the future as well.

-Over 40 new tiles all with color options! The new ones are mainly based on the architecture of Dalmasca and the whole of Ivalice.

-Over 80 new objects! I say "over" 80 because not all are craftable and I didn't want to give an exact count :p For instance there are a handful of objects that are specifically meant for settlements.

-New Viera specific crafting stations: These stations currently use the vanilla recipe filters, so they work just like the vanilla crafting stations counterparts. There are Viera counterparts for every vanilla station except the inventor's table and anvil. This won't always be the case. Once I can flesh out crafting for the Viera, they will be equivalent, but with more to craft just for the race.

-New Viera EPP: It's crafted on the anvil however, again this won't always be the case. The Viera EPP combines both the various protections (and is upgradeable, however the look doesn't change) and the lantern on a stick. I know, it makes the light augment useless, but it utilizes a recipe that uses the Viera crystal lantern, so hold onto yours or buy one from Nanzie! You'll at least be able to utilize all other augments instead of having to consider or compromise for light. The look may change.

-New Magicite Ore: Found near the cores of planets, magicite ore glows and is quite plentiful. You can also find it in crystal form growing underground. It only has a handful of uses currently, but turn it into refined Magicite at the stone hearth, and you'll be able to craft decorative items and the various Viera EPP. With the coming of the new ship, as most of you know I'm aiming to make this a fuel item for ship travel, hence why it's very plentiful but given several recipe uses.

-New ship objects and change in ship tiles for character: The Viera now have a racial storage locker and the SAIL has been given more life and detail, no longer being reduced to a panel and a screen avatar. The SAIL will get more fleshed out as well, especially with the advent of the new ship coming. I've also changed the existing tiles used on the original ship. Don't worry, I am *not* sticking with the Floran ship, I just wanted to give it a bit more character until I have the new ship completed!

- 1.3 Mech Compatibility: You can now play as Viera again! Sorry about the wait on this - _ - I don't have their intended mech completed as of yet, which will be a Magitek mech, heavily based on the Magitek armor from FFVI (my favorite FF). It's currently using the Floran's racial mech as a placeholder.

- New Hairstyles and wig counterparts! Around five-ish! More to come, don't worry!

- New Ear Type! I know, it means creating a new character, but you'll be able to check out these new ears that are angled backward.

**Other Notes**
    - No new armors, skin tones or starter gear in this build, but my focus will return to it in time, don't worry!

-Settlements are currently in limbo, although the previous village setup will still spawn in this build. Settlements will be instanced in the future and accessed via gates that must be unlocked with vision dust. @bk3k has been assisting to get this sorted out, and where it needs to be, but it still needs more work and testing on my part. This is a work in progress and is taking a backseat over the next few weeks in order to focus on the new ship.

-The mod is now much smaller in size all thanks to PNGGauntlet. Very big thanks to @bk3k for compressing the imagery for me, and for suggesting it for further use.

I thiiiink that pretty much wraps up the notes for this update for the most part. Here's what to expect for the next updates (save for any inevitable fixes that may arise):

- The Ship.... yes, it's what's next
    - Magitek Mech (if other aspects don't take precedence)

I don't wanna promise too much because I'm very changeable and tend to flip flop my focus occasionally. Anyway, sorry again for the wait! I hope you all enjoy this! If you have any feedback or bug reports please post them here, and if you like the new update, please rate the mod! Your continued support means so much!
Return to update list...