1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

WolFen FLCN-11 Gunship 1.3a

A solo/duo operated gunship with set of weapon, projectiles switching and a lot of other features.

1. thanshuhai
    A solo/duo operated gunship with set of weapon and projectiles switching. It can be a mobile platform that can carry 6 passengers and some other features.

Steam Workshop Version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218671249

HOW TO INSTALL?
    Just put the WolFenFLCN-11Gunship.pak inside your "...\Starbound\mods\" folder.

You can get the gunship from Penguin Pete at the Outpost for 150,000 pixels.

INTRO

This is originally a mod I made for myself. I've worked on this since 2016 on and off, I've been digging through the game files and other mods to see how they worked, to create my own gunship mod. I kinda made things complicated with the control combinations. I'm not a programmer, the gunship might still have some bugs that I have to iron-out and the code might not be the most optimized. Though I'm happy how things turned out.

I'd like to share it with everyone, this is the first mod that I ever published. I hope you all enjoy! ^w^
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    INFORMATION
    The FLCN-11 is a twin-turboshaft attack gunship with a skids-type landing gear which can form as a platform, while it can be operated by a single pilot it has a tandem cockpit that can support a gunner, it has extra seats in the back that can support 6 passengers. The gunship features a nose-mounted chain-gun carried between the main landing gear, under the aircraft's forward fuselage and mounted with a spotlight. It's armed with Bomb/Decoy hatch below the cockpit exterior.

The FLCN-11 have stabilizing wings that has four hardpoints mounted on wing pylons, carrying a Cannon Launcher Hybrid and a Powerful Railgun. It features an Auto-Hover/Landing, Zero-G/Liquid-Sensor systems, Gravity Field Magnet capable of carrying heavy cargo. The FLCN-11 has a large amount of systems redundancy to improve combat suitability such as Auto-Flare and Attack Drone deployment.

FEATURES
    [​IMG]
    Pilot Seat: Controls the movement, utilities & weapon by default.
    Gunner Seat: Can control the weapons when toggled to.
    Passenger Seats: Can hold up to 6 passengers.
    Landing Rails: It acts as a platform which you can stand on.
    Dynamic-Wings: The wings will always stay horizontal, you can grapple/rope into it to get up. TIP:Attach your hook in the middle of the wing. If you're grappling down, hit the top of the wing then swing down. (Sadly hook won't stick when gunship is moving.)
    Sealed Hull: Protects the people inside the gunship from hazards. The gunship can operate in zero-g and will float on liquid.
    Auto-Hove/Land System: The Pilot and Gunner can leave, the gunship it will hover by itself. If there’s no crew present inside for 120 seconds, the system will hover-down the gunship vertically, if it detects solid ground(Ignores platforms), zero-g or liquid the engines will shutdown and drones are deployed for defence.
    Zero-G/Liquid Sensor: The gunship has a built-in sensor that detects if the ship is in zero-g or liquid, it will automatically turns off the thrusters accordingly to the movement or when it comes in contact with liquid. If the gunship is submerged in liquid it will automatically shut down its engines.
    Alarm: Trigger when the gunship is damage or critical, flares are auto-deployed when gunship gets damaged.

WEAPONS & UTILITIES
    [HMG] Heavy-Chain Machine Gun:
    Rotate 360°: AP/HE/IN Rounds.
    [LCH] Launcher Cannon Hybrid: Rotate 330° Front: Homing Missile/Flak AP/Barrage Missiles.
    [RLG] Railgun: Rotate 330°: Front: Heavy Rod/Molten Plasma
    [CLB] Cluster-Bombs: HE Bombs/IN Bombs/Gravity Sphere. Only works in ‘Flight Mode’ (Warning: IN flames can kill friendlies and damage vehicles.)

[SPL] Spotlight: A light mounted in the [HMG].
    [SRN] Siren: Gunship will emit a siren sound.
    [DRH] Door Hatch: Let’s NPCs to ride the gunship’s railing platform. (Makeshift solution for getting NPCs to ride with you in the. I’m still figuring out how to get NPCs inside the gunship.)
    [GVF] Gravity Field: Can carry some mech and some vehicles but the gunship will go half as fast.
    [LDG] Landing Gear: Deploys on an even ground surface and will multiply [RLG] shooting speed twice.

[ALR] Alert: Damage alert and critical damage notification.
    [FLR] Flares: Deploy 8 flares that will chase and distract enemies.
    [DRN] Drones: Deploy 4 attack drones that will shoot enemies.

BONUS:
    [MSC1] Music:
    Plays “House Cleaning” Music.
    [MSC2] Music: Plays “I was the Sun” Music.
    [MSC3] Music: Plays “Club Deck 2” Music.

Controls shown below are the default Starbound keybinds, Please be sure to assign Special2 & Special3 to your keybind controls. (I use G & H key for this.)
    PILOT CONTROLS
    A) Engine Controls:
    [Space]
    = Start Engines
    [Space]+[W]/[A]/[D] = Flight Mode
    [Special3]+(S) = Shutdown Engines (Shutdown engines above platform to land on it)

:cool: Flight Controls:
    [W]
    = Up
    (S) = Down
    [A] = Left
    [D] = Right
    **Hold** [Space]+[A]/[D] = Flip Facing Direction
    [Space] = 50% Speed / If Zero-G = Breaks

C) Weapon Controls:
    [Left Mouse]
    = [HMG]
    [Right Mouse] = [LCH]
    [F]+[Left Mouse] = [RLG]
    [F]+[Right Mouse] = [CLB] (Flight Mode Only)
    [F] = Rotate [LCH]+[RLG]

You’ll hear clicking sound when cycling, accordingly on the ammo table you’re in.
    [F]+[Special2]+[Left Mouse] = Cycle [HMG] Ammo
    [F]+[Special2]+[Right Mouse] = Cycle [LCH] Ammo
    [F]+[Special3]+[Left Mouse] = Cycle [RLG] Ammo
    [F]+[Special3]+[Right Mouse] = Cycle [CLB] Ammo

D) Defence Switch:
    [Special2]+[Special3]
    = [FLR] | [Special3] for Gunner
    [Special3]+[Left Mouse] = Toggle [ALR]+Auto-[FLR] on damage / Auto-[DRN] on Auto-Land (On by default)
    [Special3]+[Right Mouse] = Toggle [DRN]

E) Utility Switch:
    [Special2]+(S)
    = Toggle [LDG]
    [Special2]+[Left Mouse] = [SPL] | Same for Gunner
    [Special2]+[Right Mouse] = [SRN] | Same for Gunner
    [Space]+[Special2]+[Left Mouse] = [DOR]
    [Space]+[Special2]+[Right Mouse] = [GVF] (Flight Mode Only)

F) Pilot - Gunner Control Switch:
    [SPACE]+[Special3]+[Left Mouse]
    = [HMG]+[LCH]+[SPL]
    [SPACE]+[Special3]+[Right Mouse] = [RLG]+[CLB]+[SRN]
    One Beep: Toggled to Pilot
    Two Beep: Toggled to Gunner
    Pilot controls every weapon by default and can be toggled to the gunner.

G) Music Switch:
    [F]+[Special2]+[Special3]+[W]
    = [MSC1]
    [F]+[Special2]+[Special3]+[A] = [MSC2]
    [F]+[Special2]+[Special3]+[D] = [MSC3]

Miscellaneous:
    -Pilot/Gunner headgear when you ride the gunship.
    -Shells will be ejected.
    -Shooting the Railgun recoil will push the gunship back a little.
    -It has its own atmosphere/zero-g engine, startup & shutdown sounds.
    -The gunship will wobble by its own in mid-air. It will not wobble if the gunship is touching the ground or if it's in zero-g.
    -The gunship will try to tilt accordingly to the shape of ground below it.
    -If 50% of the gunship mass goes under water, the engines will automatically shutdown.
    -Thrusters will turn off if it's submerge in any liquid.
    -Idle thrusters will turn off if you enter zero-g and certain thrusters will only work accordingly where you move the gunship.
    - If auto-landing finishes, siren, headlights will turn off and the door hatch will close and gun rotation will reset. drones will be activated for gunship defense.
    - Fixed on potential exploit where you can fire the machine gun through walls. I made some condition that if there's blocks in front of the gunship you won't able to shoot the turret. if the blocks are in the rear and nothing in front of the gunship then you can still shoot.
    - Bomb hatch now closes when all projectiles are ejected.
    - Gunship will still wobble when its very close to the ground and will only stop when its touching the ground.
    - Landing gear won't deploy on slopes, can be activated and will form as a break. it will double the railgun rpm when deployed.
    - Door hatch and gravity field will automatically close when in zero-g.

Don't like the headset?
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/wolfen-flcn-11-gunship-use-any-headgear.5809/

Known Bugs:
    -Sounds vanishes and auto-land timer won't start if the gunship is off screen.
    -Dynamic-Wings can derail stuff and can push movable objects. Projectiles can't pass through the wing. (Not necessarily a bug since this is needed for hooks to grab on it.)
    -When [DRH] is active the Penguins or small NPCs will float when pulled. Sometimes it can also flung NPCs around.

Credits:
    -Thanks to ZimaZang for letting me use the handtheta railgun from ZZ Mech Modifications mod.
    -Thanks to Mizuno for testing the mod for me.
    -Thanks to Rylasasin & pjaj for making addons for this mod.
    Also from the modding community for inspirations ♥

Current Version: 1.3 - GUN CYCLE UPDATE
    • 3X More Projectiles, Reloading & Projectile Ammo Cycling!
    • Drones and Flare rework which makes them more functional.
    • Gravity Field can carry NPCs and Vehicles with you.
    • Landing Gear that is functional and doubles the Railgun firerate.
    • Added Black & White color option.
    • Added some animations, sounds and reworked the sprites.
    • Decorative parked version of the gunships from WolFen FLCN Station.
    • A lot more! Posted in Update tab above.
    If you already purchased the 1.2 version which I renamed "Prototype", you can upgrade it for free via the WolFen FLCN Station from Penguin Pete.

Things to do/figure out in the future:
    -NPCs to ride with you inside the gunship/AI weapon control.
    -Overlay that shows Info over the gunship.
    -Mining/support capabilities.
    (I can’t promise all the updates, I’m still figuring out things as I go)

NOTE: Must be installed on server AND client/s for multiplayer use.
    -It's a standalone mod, it should be compatible with any other mods.
    -The prototype version is the older version of the gunship, its unobtainable and only exist to be safely upgraded to the latest version.
    -Please be sure to read the controls stated above before commenting a problem.

Don't forget to post your review and most of all have fun! :)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. CONTROL ADJUSTMENTS
  2. UPDATE 1.3a
  3. Bug Fix

Recent Reviews

1. publicaccount
    publicaccount
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3a
    very very very well
  2. JustLonelyWolf
    JustLonelyWolf
    5/5,
    It's just awesome. It's also contains smth additional hided awesome AF thing, maybe from outdated version.
  3. KuyaBatman
    KuyaBatman
    3/5,
    very amazing but it is too confusing
  4. Romner
    Romner
    5/5,
    The best vehicle mod out there. Only improvement could be some kind of motion stabilisation button to make stopping easier.
  5. lolpirek
    lolpirek
    5/5,
    As Devin said, it's one of, if not the best vehicle there is. The platform/grappling hook addons are very nice, and not found in any other flying vehicle mods. Even the Customizable Shuttlecraft mod i adored doesn't surpass this monstrosity of a ship. It truly is the best, with so much content in one vehicle i'm giving it 5 stars. And i usually don't review mods or even post here at all. But this changed my mind.
  6. yamada331331
    yamada331331
    5/5,
    Special3?
  7. Devin_Plombier
    Devin_Plombier
    5/5,
    Clearly a must-have.
    The latest update brought so much content : lore, two types of gunship that each works differently from the other (which is insane), incredible possibilities of customization for your arsenal, many ways of flying and making use of the available features...

DO NOT BE REBUFFED BY THE QUANTITY OF KEYBINDINGS !
    I advise you to first learn how to pilot the P-FLCN-11 (former gunship which is still available at Penguin Pete's), THEN going for the brand new FLCN-11 gunship.

I must repeat myself : this, ladies and gentlemen and other life forms, is THE best vehicle mod available in the modding community. Please take my word for it.
  8. 5Mano5
    5Mano5
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2a
    looks and is amazing thanks for making a good mod.
    never give up , and never stop being amazing.
  9. Devin_Plombier
    Devin_Plombier
    5/5,
    Absolutely amazing !
    It is THE best vehicle available in the modding community, and you deserve a medal for that
    However, I deleted the assets for the pilot's and gunner's headwear because I much prefer having the possibility to wear some kind of helmet instead of that... cap ?
    Keep up the excellent work !
    1. thanshuhai
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback ^^
      The only reason why I added headgear is to prevent big headgear to clip through the ship.

If you want to any headgear while in the gunship you can do it by opening the "thanshuhaigunship.vehicle" in notepad, Note that every color has its own .vehicle format so just pick any you want to edit or do it in all of them, for example: "thanshuhaigunship-blue.vehicle" for the blue one.

To disable the default headgear it delete the line:
      "head" : "thanshuhaipilothead"
      and
      "head" : "thanshuhaigunnerhead"
      then save the file and run the game.

If you're doing this in multiplayer make sure you do the same for the server and client.
  10. xlr8tor
    xlr8tor
    5/5,
    very very very well