1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

1.0 FPS drop?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Link2411, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Link2411

Link2411 Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else experiencing lower FPS in 1.0 than in Glad Giraffe? Also, there's no option for frame skip anywhere, so that might be the problem.

2. junk5664

junk5664 Void-Bound Voyager

Well not for me. In my case my game was garbage on my epic gaming computer. It ran poorly, now the game is optimized and has never run better. However I do think something is wrong in your case because this game was originally optimized for Windows XP. Update all drivers like graphics and processing.

1) go to where your starbound is located.
    2) Select which launch version you run (such as windows 64 or 32 ..).
    3) delete the sbboot.config
    4) go to the giraffe storage and delete the config from that.
    5) go to the steam library and right click on starbound and go to properties.
    6) Under the local files tab and click verify integrity of game cache..
    7) close steam once its finished and files are restored run starbound and enjoy!!

Hope this helps.

3. Julkson

Julkson Subatomic Cosmonaut

Adding a possible solution.
    To the people that have FPS issues, I tried this and now it runs almost flawlessly, except in places with a lot of stuff, like the outpost.

1. Go to the Starbound/storage folder
    2. Open starbound.config
    3. Search for the "vsync" property near the end of the file
    4. If it is set to "true", change it to "false"

This at least worked for me, it looks much more smoother, even when it's raining.

4. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks Julkson - so far your suggestion has helped me. My problem was not with low FPS, but with occasional 1-2 second complete freezes - after making that change I haven't experienced a single one.

5. LongSly

LongSly Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly neither of these solutions helped me. I don't see a sbboot.config file anywhere, and the vsync offers no difference. The giraffe folder is also no longer there. There's sbinit.config file though...