1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

1.0 Main issues Unsolved

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by puchacho, Jul 23, 2016.

1. puchacho

puchacho Void-Bound Voyager

The main issue most people is experiencing, its that the game WONT LAUNCH, some will get an OpenGL message, but others ( Like me) wont get any message at all, tried everything, updating windows, checking for opengl, deleting and re-installing the folder, everything. But still, no solutions.
    We, the players, shouldnt be supposed to modify nor do ANYTHING to the starbound files, we should just download it and play. Remember that this ISNT a free to play game, that people is PAYING REAL MONEY for it, and for some people paying 15 dollars its not a lot, but for others it is a lot.

I've played this game the very first day it came out, astonished by the landscape, the music, and the game mechanics, but with each, few updates, I was just getting more and more disspointment.

Developers, you should've fixed this error right away when the users started reporting it.

2. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

You mean... after 1.0 release?

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Give them a bit of time. The game hasn't even been out for 48 hours yet. We've pointed out the problem to the devs, if they weren't aware of it already.

Ziver7 likes this.
  4. keropyonpyon

keropyonpyon Void-Bound Voyager

Ho come every time i see you on the forums you're just replying with the OPs quote from a while ago and bitching back at them?

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

And don't you start. If someone's behaving in a rude manner, report it. Don't get yourself into trouble by being rude to them in response.

Another Kevin likes this.
  6. puchacho

puchacho Void-Bound Voyager

I think 3-4 ish year to develop a game is enough. 2 days and counting without an EFFECTIVE solution. All they're doing is to let the players fix their own game

7. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do keep in mind developing a game for PC is much different than developing for a Console. With a console, everyone will have the same system to work with so it is pretty easy to optimize and make sure things run right on Day 0. However for a PC release, there are hundreds of different configurations the system running the game could have. It is not always easy to have everything up and working right from the get go. Anymore, games often routinely have a series of small patches that follow a release or major patch because of a number of small things potentially going wrong on different system configurations, or something minor like the bug I found of jumping + looting a chest crashing the game depending on how you loot it slipping through the cracks and needing fixed.

The one thing I really dislike about the internet is how impatient is has made a lot of people. Anymore if something takes much more than a half a second to happen people think its taking too long. With software, tracking down what is causing a specific bug can sometimes take weeks especially if it is system config related, and that is not even considering the time it takes to create a fix that doesn't break something else at the same time. Fixes just don't magically appear when they get reported in vague detail, they take time to be made. And if its a serious one, like the game crashing on launch, odds are they are working fairly hard to find out and fix what is going on, it just doesn't happen instantly especially in a smaller development studio like Chucklefish. The larger developers can get a fix out much faster as they have a much larger personnel pool to use to reproduce, find the section of code that is causing the problem, and coding and testing solutions until a fix is found.

Now if you would like to help them fix it faster, it usually helps to provide a good description of what is happening, is it easily repeatable and if so how to do so or if it is seemingly at random, system specs, and a crash log if it is generating one.