NPC 1.3+ Crew are MORE annoying than ever!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Xylia, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Dear Lord, Chucklefish... are you guys trying to make me hate my crew to the point I want to murder them to get rid of them or something?

Ever since Patch 1.3, crew are now constantly opening and closing doors if the other annoying behavior they had before wasn't enough. I can't count the number of times a crewmember shuts a door in my face as I'm trying to walk through it, and how all the crew want to hang out in the bridge and make it impossible for me to click the Captain's Chair.

At least you guys changed said chair so that it is (theoretically) clickable even if someone's sitting in it, but yet if there's two crewmembers standing right ontop of it, sometimes it is STILL impossible to click.

Crew are a ridiculous nuisance, and are highly annoying.

So, my suggestion is, a few tweaks:

1). Doors that can only be opened/closed by the player, OR, remove the crew's ability to open and close doors.
    2). Make it so that crew will never sit in the captain's chair.
    3). Introduce "Crew Magnets" -- objects that attract crew to certain locations, make one for each crewmember type. This would allow players to design rooms in their ships based upon the type of crew they wish to stay there. For example, I could have my medic hang out in a room that looks like a hospital with bunks, and other related items. Once led to near one, a crewmember would refuse to go "x distance" (50 blocks?) away from said magnet unless they are ordered to follow you.

djchrisblue, IxFa, Exilyth and 3 others like this.
  2. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I like your idea of the crew magnets! That way we the players can choose where the members go, but that is optional entirely. I dig it.

3. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

For me, my whole crew keeps pooling together at the lowest room in the ship, which happened to be where I was storing livestock until my colony was done. Hard to harvest when everyone in the crew is there, at least they leave the rest of the ship alone.

Love the magnet idea!

4. rubyoctopus

rubyoctopus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I also need help. All my crew will cluster around the teleporter, and will mess with the bridge. Although, I do have some suggestions for how to stop this.

-Crew tend to cluster around 'interactables', such as chairs, consoles, and other things. This includes the Basic Terminal, vending machines, arcade machines, sinks, beds, and others.

-If you want 'crew-proof doors', just make some buttons and place them next to the doors, and wire them up. Crew can't push buttons.

IxFa likes this.
  5. NicolasGE

NicolasGE Intergalactic Tourist

i use proximity scanners to make it simple, and i have a gate that make the door shut if i pull a lever in the capitain's room