1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [1.4.1] Controller Cursor resets to under player

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tockity, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Tockity

Tockity Void-Bound Voyager

Using Controller (xbox) on PC is causing the cursor to reset to under the player. Instances of this being an issue are:

* Planting seeds: When you plant a seed in a tile next to you, if holding the button down it'll immediately plant a seed beneath you as well. This differs from 1.3.x functionality.

* Purchasing Animals from Marnie: After buying an animal from Marnie, the cursor is no longer considered being on her, so you have to move forward again to re-highlight the register despite being up against the counter.

* Different but still cursor related: Foraging/Picking up objects has seemed different, more difficult, occasionally failing to pickup the item and needing to reposition slightly.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Try updating to the 1.4.2 patch. I did and some of my Xbox controller issue disappeared.

• Tockity

Tockity Void-Bound Voyager

Looks like I am on 1.4.2 and didn't realize it - never actually saw it update.

An additional detail I've encountered: It's readily apparent when trying to place paths with a controller. The path seems to really want to be placed below your character. I had to use the right stick to use the unlocked cursor to place them next to me.