Dev Blog 18th September – Starbound Vice

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Hey, everyone! In our last development blog post, we talked about tackling bounty assignments. The universe has a surplus of criminals to round up, and you can take assignments to track them down via the new Bounty Board!

[​IMG]

The Bounty Board shows you which gang you have been assigned to tackle, as well as showing you the current targets available to you. At any given time, you'll be assigned to investigate one criminal group and their activities in and around a particular system. Once you work your way up their ranks and take down their leadership you'll move on to a new, more challenging set of villains in a new sector.

As you turn in more and more bounties, your rank will increase which will grant you better bounties and more rewards. I wonder what kind of assignment is in store for top level bounty hunters?

Until next time!

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

A E S T H E T I C

3. Ralek

Ralek Title Not Found

Yes!! Sweet board and nice visuals. Love how we work through the criminal ranks to take down a big boss and then move into the next crime organization. I didn't want to just chase singular bad guys but criminals that were connected. Makes for more interesting stories. Now they need to make planet quest span more than just the planet they were accepted on.

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oh I do love that AESTHETIC oh yiss.

*puts on Miami Vice soundtrack*

SickSix, Wolf1e and DraikNova like this.
  5. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

Another step in the right direction. Now if you could also give the basic quest system some love, that would be fantastic.
    Thanks guys!

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I am only getting more excited (practically impatient) for this update; more game play and adventure is great but the modding that I do soon after really excites me.

7. glasspug

glasspug Phantasmal Quasar

Are the criminals themselves possible to become "outlaws" for your crew?

SickSix likes this.
  8. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

Now all we need is a way to say NO to Esther and make our own path as Bounty Hunters[​IMG]

9. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

wow look at that hecking background in the interface it is Cool™

10. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cool stuff

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That background is giving me a real 80's cyberpunk vibe. Really excited to see more of the Peacekeepers now, if that's their theme.

12. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

Umm........... Where the option to join or make a gang? Cuz being on that board is an achevement, not a crime.

SickSix, sρooκs and Lintton like this.
  13. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Might as well ditch my Protectorate roots, and be an omnicidal bounty hunter (with a fiery skull & bone matter manipulator)!

SickSix and ruddthree like this.
  14. d2dumba

d2dumba Poptop Tamer

Please, increase the amount of randomly generated weapons and allow us to upgrade them somehow. There literally no reason to hunt down rare goods, when crafted gear is best.

SickSix and Gunslinger like this.
  15. celade

celade Void-Bound Voyager

This is super cool... I love playing Starbound even more than I have... I'll end up with more hours in it than Skyrim and that''s saying something (6000+ hours).

16. Captain Rage

Captain Rage Phantasmal Quasar

Amazing feature! Starbound keeps getting better and better! How is that even possible?! :D

17. FarionDragon

FarionDragon Tentacle Wrangler

I want to become gang leader. Please dont force me, who loots everything, he comes across, to be a good guy.
    The outlaws you get when sparing a target should become your gang, as they are already criminal, and when on a planet, i want to get bounty hounter alerts, fight them, by finding their teleport location.

Please give me these two options.

18. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Just had to...

19. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Is there a new law against wearing top hats in starbound now that i didn't know about?
    or have a new top hat wearing crime syndicate gang started?

also now my dream (that i actually never had in the first place) of becoming judge dredd can come true in starbound.

[​IMG]
    also yes thats the guy captain falcon is modeled after if you wonder. not really a hero more of a chaotic lawful anti-hero,
    not a comic or movie character for kids by the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Falco.. i mean dredd fist!

anyway violence aside i do hope we can bring in most criminals alive. maybe make a teleporter gun that works as the captureing ball but that teleports the criminals to jail instead when there health is low.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  20. Lunar_Vortex

Lunar_Vortex Orbital Explorer

Gotta Catch 'em All, am I right?

VoidGuy likes this.