Dev Blog 1st September - Stop right there, criminal scum!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, that'd work. I was thinking that the Peacekeepers would likely be the chaotic good to the Protectorate's lawful good, with the USCM falling somewhere in the neutral category. You could definitely have some evil options there that pay better but impact your relationship with the other organizations, though there would need to be be enough black comedy to keep it from being too big a deviation from the game's tone.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  2. Gay Grandma

Gay Grandma Tentacle Wrangler

is there gonna be a possibility that we (the players) could be hunted down by bounty hunters in the future?

3. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

A peacekeeping organization huh? Any possibility that a faction, organizaiton, corporation, syndicate, maybe trying to fill the vaccum left behind by the protectorate?....maybe...

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  4. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

*engines revving*

Jonesy likes this.
  5. Dustellar

Dustellar Void-Bound Voyager

This is awesome! you know what else would be awesome? build our own prisons and put there criminals, mercenaries and rogues ... why work for a Peacekeepers organization when we could make our own law? I hope the Long Arm can be used against all, not just wanted criminals.

Another thing, a little offtopic... I hope that in the future you can expand the tenant system, now we can have vendors, guards, medics, etc
    but only the first two play a real role within a village (buy/sell and protect) I would love to be able to have employees, you know... build a bar, put a transporter and watch the tourists spend their money... or maybe build a farm and make them sell their products... or build an hospital so medics can heal the wounded.

Anyway, can't wait for the next update... I really love the game :)

6. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

I hope someone makes a mod to add Jango's armor and blasters.
    And flametrhower and wipcord thrower.
    And rocket launcher and Poisaonus darts
    And Jetpack and Bio Scanner
    And vibroblades and more

7. roro

roro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

8. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I like the miniknog idea, but I feel like the florans would prefer to hunt their own meat. Seems to be a running theme with them.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  9. Caaros the King of Chaos

Caaros the King of Chaos Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else just have an error for the image in the original post?

10. SpaceDogy

SpaceDogy Void-Bound Voyager

I hope the organization will have a extra outpost.

11. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Where is my arm cannon? :)

Although, it would be better to revive the Protectorate than to create yet another quasi-organization.

PS And finally make the invasion. Please.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

This seems like 1.3 and all the talk about mechs, space stations and space encounters while in fact the most interesting part of the update was the way they changed the modding API to allow for dynamic chest interfaces. Here's hoping the boring and frankly kind of silly addition is just one of the features of this update, and we get at least one of the following a: a major improvement/expansion/interconnection to an existing mechanic, like colonies, pets, or any of the things from 1.3 or b: a major useful change for the modding API (outside of the known additions, like cross-system quests and steam categories), like the ability to create per-universe settings, some way to get clothes to not screw up with non-humanoid race mods (like clothes being able to have more options for appearance besides just per gender) or even better non-generic race mod support in general (why do we have to give all custom species two gender options, for example, and why can we specify different heads and torsos and legs for different genders but not arms).

13. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sweeet. I wonder what kinds of gangs we'll hunt, if we get unique rewards, if we fight bosses, get special space encounters... The questions!

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  14. NovaRanger

NovaRanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huzzah! This is a feature that I've wanted in Starbound since I began playing, and so far it looks like it'll be better than I imagined.

One question though, does the phrase "your ranking as a Peacekeeper" mean that we'll join the Peacekeeper organization?

15. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

*Wow! My RP'd characters that are bounty hunters can actually be bounty hunters!* Too bad they've all been deleted/corrupted by mods, I'm a free Droden, apart of the Watchers! I WILL UPHOLD THE ELITHIAN ALLIANCE AND DRODEN KIND! Though if it pays well....I will consider finding targets...

General Nuclear likes this.
  16. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I remember reading so many suggestion threads in the beta where people have been asking about bounty hunters and being able to be bounty hunters so this is really cool.

thanks for listing to the players devs :DD

17. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

You're asking for way too much work for very little worth Especially regarding the exotic races.

Guest0241525 likes this.
  18. mrmthood

mrmthood Void-Bound Voyager

Will you still be able to hire them like previously? maybe as like a sentence by the space judges? cuz I still want my drunken beer jug outlaw on my ship.

General Nuclear likes this.
  19. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Same as everyone else, I'm real excited for the possibilities for what this Peacekeeper organization(s) would be like! Would definitely look forward to some love for (what's left of) the Protectorate however.

Deep Space Amphithere likes this.
  20. Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

I want to be the criminal and have other bountyhunters hunting me down. lol

Lunar_Vortex, Blevruz and HachiYakumo like this.