Dev Blog 1st September - Stop right there, criminal scum!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Did pacifist runs just become viable? How many pairs of handcuffs does it take to restrain the Ixodoom?

2. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Any way to space bounty hunting? Mecha vs mecha will be cool.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Mecha vs. mecha bounty hunting. That's some Saturday morning anime material right there.

4. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

WHY NOT!? One time ago suggested missions where you need use your mech.

Lunar_Vortex likes this.
  5. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

THIS ^ Please make it posible to have a bounty on your head.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Is a snickers okay?

7. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I CAN SEE IT NOW. PROCEDURAL BOSSES LIKE THE ANCIENT VAULT GUARDIANS. PROCEDURALLY GENERATED MECHS CREATED USING THE VARIOUS MECH PARTS.

Hurray.

8. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

How about if you get good enough at what you do, the bad guys will start sending goons after you.

What if you get hired by the Miniknog to track down a rebel spy, then you find him and warn him that they're after him, then double-cross the science punks, and go start pillaging some stuff?

9. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

if your getting hired by the miniknog (apex version of the nazis gestapo or the communists KGB in other words very bad and mean guys) then your doing something really bad that you shouldn't be doing and you need to reconsider your previous actions.
    But yeah i like the idea that the criminals will start sending hired goons maybe one of the guys you catched was a part of a gang.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  10. StarBoundTrekWars

StarBoundTrekWars Seal Broken

I like the idea of this update, however theres one thing that I would like in starbound.

Custom codexes! It would be great to multiplayer roleplay with or something but I just like writing codexes sometimes... so thats my suggestion.

Yumiru likes this.
  11. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

fernworrier and Jonesy like this.
  12. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

There'd be a market for it, with Florans who live in more civilized environments but still want meat. They can't get away with killing people for it anymore, but going to the black market and buying cuts of meat? More doable.

Florans in their own settlement? What you said, but with exceptions for wanting live prey for ritual hunts. Oh look, the bounty hunting mechanism features an option for needing to take them alive so...

Yumiru and StarBoundTrekWars like this.
  13. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

It kind of looks like the thread have died. Any news or plans to moving it on unstable?

14. quasarexpansion

quasarexpansion Yeah, You!

Great news! Thank you so much for your effort.
    But I hope we can see in future updates the Homeworlds of all the races, and a trade system between the colonies and space stations so that building them makes more sense.

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This is space, and the rebel scum, as much as like to claim "civil disobedience" with their rocket launchers, are in fact breaking the laws of their land. In this gleep eat gleep world, one must do what they have to, and maybe have a root pop over it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2017
  16. Dragonstar42

Dragonstar42 Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea of searching a criminal and capture it. it's better than just beat im to death and get trick every time he seem to surrender. Nice job !!!

17. xan713

xan713 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

18. Lemonhead5

Lemonhead5 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm curious, is this update going to reset the universe at all, like the last update had to reset the universe to be able to add more content? If so, the things we built would be gone from the last update, to be replaced in this one with fresh new terrain that hasn't been tampered with at all, while the builders scream in frustration and rage quit. And will player built space stations be deleted?

19. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

An update will not delete already present stuff.
    Also you're not forced to reset your universe for new content. Just explore new parts of the universe and the new content will be in there.

Jonesy and Kawa like this.
  20. ManicRykker

ManicRykker Phantasmal Quasar

Indeed! (It would also be great if folks didn't spread false information, and look into that sort of stuff more... I've seen some users parroting that in the past, post 1.0. We don't need to give new users the wrong idea after all.)