Dev Blog 2 February – 2018 Catch Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

Has anybody managed to decipher the grainy control instructions in the second pic? I've figured out some of the buttons, but a bunch eluded me.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Waffle-Chan and Speed Lightning like this.
  4. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I personally think everyone here is overreacting quite a bit. There is no new behavior on Chucklefish’s end through this entire situation. And the fact that no one has come out and addressed their community saying “Sorry, our port of Fire Emblem (that’s just not similar enough to FE to be sued) is our main priority at this point,” all the while leaving it up to the fans of the game to figure it out just proves my point. Chucklefish has a horrible PR team (if there even is a team), and the way things are working right now, it won’t get better. BTW, for those who don’t know, @Katzeus is technically the community manager. It think he has the same amount of info as us though, seeing as he, a person who seems to be pretty friendly and helpful, hasn’t made any posts explaining the situation.

Overall, people should stop acting like the project is dead. It clearly isn’t.

5. TheLogicMonster

TheLogicMonster Master Chief

You've got a point there. I mean, I'm not happy about waiting for new content and bug fixes, but fact is they already have our money and don't actually have to make new content if they don't want to. Making a console port means they have new customers to win over and a whole new gaming company to impress. This pretty much assures it isn't dead.

endertrot and Waffle-Chan like this.
  6. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

Came here to ask, 'Any new information in the last two months about the bounty hunter update'
    because the last post made it sound like it was 'soonTM' but we haven't heard anything about it.

izzykuroneko likes this.
  7. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well 1.4 is coming after a patch that adds new content that was split from 1.4. Sadly even news of that is nonexistent.

Hang tight!

8. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Yeah like news has been super slow lately... Did something happen?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  9. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Occupied with another game and port to xone, still going for long, not expect anything in a few months even xD (hopefully I'm wrong)

10. spiraluna

spiraluna Big Damn Hero

All I wouldn't mind is that they follow through on what they say that they'll do, given the "next few weeks" was well over a month ago now.

I get that they're busy. Doesn't take that much effort to give a quick update to say what's happening, even if it's "we've halted production to work on these other games" and maybe an eta on another content update or potential release of the next update and stick to it. Not asking for much. Just to stick to what they said they will do.

11. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

So they are pulling a Signal Studios? (temporarily putting the game on hold while doing another, and yes SS has returned to Savage Lands just to bring it up)
    I hope when they do come back 1.4 would be more optimized performance wise too. I'm getting stuttering issues

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  12. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

That problem you have has no easy solution, I do not know if you can solve it.

There are people here who know how to explain better than me what the problem is, surely you have a settlement "very populated" of buildings and people, that will cause the problem you have if your small town is very crowded.

The game has to load many textures and maintain the AI of the NPCs that live in it, it is a very heavy burden and I do not know if they can solve it.

The printer of pixels saturates when you have many objects to print too, when you open the printer the game goes to pulls, when you close everything returns to normal, they are known problems.

I do not know if they can be fixed, I would not wait in 1.4 to solve the truth.

13. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

They probably have to redo the engine to fix it, but its unlikely they would ever do it.
    I could try Archiving the mods im using but i cannot figure out how to do it.

14. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

You mean to put the mods in a .pak file? if that is easy:

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "NAME OF THE FOLDER WITH UNPACKED FILES" "NAME OF THE FOLDER DESTINATION WHERE MOD WILL GO AND PACKAGING\NAME OF THE FILE OR MOD, AND PACKAGING.pak"

- NAME OF THE FOLDER WITH UNPACKED FILES -> This would be the folder that contains the files of the mod inside, you create a folder with X name, a simple name without strange things, and inside it puts the files and folders of the mods.

- NAME OF THE FOLDER DESTINATION WHERE MOD WILL GO AND PACKAGING\NAME OF THE FILE OR MOD -> The name of the folder where the .pak file will go

- NAME OF THE FILE OR MOD, AND PACKAGING.pak -> The name of the .pak file, the extension is also included.

The game route would be -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound (Here are the folders that you said).

Example:

"win32\asset_packer.exe" "MODS" "MODSOUT\MyMods.pak"

Copy the line into a text file and save it with .bat extension, this is done with the same notebook, or with windows setting to see the file extensions, change the .txt extension to .bat, it is the same, the line goes as you put, tyu you just have to create the destination folder and the folder where the loose mods will go inside it and put them in the game directory.

The .bat file is also there in the game directory, everything goes there, click on the .bat file and wait for it to end, you should have a file, pak with the name that you put in the destination folder, and that you put it in the folder "mods" of the main directory of the game.

15. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

That seems really complex, plus what about the metadata file? I tried packing everything and it shut my game off because it thought it was corrupted.

16. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

It is not complex ... you just have to create 2 folders, in one van your mods inside, loose, in the other the .pak file that generates, which will be your mod packed in the .pak file, the 2 folders and the .bat files go in the main directory of the game, you just have to put names in the .bat file, the 2 names of the folders and the name of the .pak file.

It's very simple, it has no mystery, and you do not need a metadata file, you put the .pak file in the "mods" directory of the game and that's it.

Info -> https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. Cybopper

Cybopper Void-Bound Voyager

My hope is we get an SB port to the switch. Probably way too wishful of thinking, I know. But seeing Stardew Valley released there makes me hope for the possibility.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  18. HachiYakumo

HachiYakumo Phantasmal Quasar

My hope is to be able to play SB 1.4 on pc soon. Or at least have some news about it

Ickura, Faser and Waffle-Chan like this.
  19. Mushroom05

Mushroom05 Void-Bound Voyager

Well my only need is for a better pet system....

20. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

I am just sitting here Completely surrounded by No update or news what so ever.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Ickura, AmazonValkyrie, Faser and 3 others like this.