Dev Blog 2 February – 2018 Catch Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Feb 2, 2018.

1. PenguinMaster

PenguinMaster Void-Bound Voyager

I need an update in my life :(

2. kolbosa

kolbosa Void-Bound Voyager

rest in peace...

3. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Would you stop that. the devs have not abandoned the game they promised us a huge update. They are just really slow when it comes to working on starbound because of the program it uses.

But now they are jumping from starbound to wargroove which is really inappropriate when they have promised us a big update.
    If your gonna a do something like that jumping from game to other then make sure there are no other major projects going on the other games, thats just common sense other wise it gos out over both of the games don't put all your game projects in one basket.

And now they went for the xbox porting in which they said that the other company was gonna do for them but it dosen't look like they are doing it alone and are making devs jump over to them too. which is just being major jerks since they know that would go out over all progress for all the projects.

I am not sure who to blame chucklefish or the devs.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  4. Fenneci

Fenneci Void-Bound Voyager

It's been two months (again) without any communication. It's probably dead.

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I can assure you it isn't. I've spoken with Katzeus on the matter, and he'll be providing another news update in the near future.

6. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Just hang on tight!

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Thank you, Jonesy!

Finding a medium between updates is a trick, but at the same time, official news turns up in the wierdest spots and radio silence is bleh.(not everyone goes to irc, for eveample. :( )

8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

About time.

9. The Gaming Planet

The Gaming Planet Void-Bound Voyager

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR WHAT FELT LIKE 1000 YEARS! Thank you devs

10. wordsofivory

wordsofivory Aquatic Astronaut

*twiddles thumbs*

The Squid and DragonsForce like this.
  11. TorPip50

TorPip50 Tentacle Wrangler

I hope the "near future" means this year, or early next year. I'm kind of dying waiting, but I know it'll happen eventually. :nuruhappy:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  12. wordsofivory

wordsofivory Aquatic Astronaut

There was a comment on Twitter a few days ago saying that they've increased the team size for Starbound and will be releasing something at some point. Hopefully soon.

Though we obviously don't know the specifics about what's been happening with the developers, it seems, at least from an outside perspective, that the development of the Xbox version and other games must have taken crucial development resources off of this game.

Game development is hard, and I know this stuff takes exhaustive amounts of energy to create, but I wish they'd at least be transparent about what's been going on with the game instead of just making half a dozen promises that never come to fruition. Its a huge contrast from the constant communication and updates that existed during the games development.

Lintton and gameboytj like this.