2 QoL ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skinflint, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are both gleaned from Twitch chat:

user pyrodancer123 in Jimb0's April 15th stream of Stardew at 7:45 pm: "I think the final watering can upgrade should be a hose… No refills and longer reach without having to move."

user captain_obvious11 in Fruitbats' January 24th Stardew stream at 4:02 pm: "ConcernedApe should add a feature of charging up your hand to throw seeds in a square rather than planting one at a time"

I screencapped these when I saw them and finally am getting around to transcribing and posting. Both excellent ideas, IMO.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

The game also has sprinklers. They need no refills, and not only do you not have to move, you don't even have to be there. Aside from that, the iridium can upgrade means you can reach six tiles away, which seems plenty good enough to me. The can really doesn't need another tier beyond that

Again, not sure this is necessary either, planting doesn't take that long. Speed buffs are already effectively a way of enabling faster planting, and you can stack coffee with your choice of pepper poppers, crab cakes or spicy eel, all of which are ridiculously easy to acquire, for +2 speed.

• Skinflint

Yeah, I can mostly agree, I just still think it might be nice to add a "hose" for faster spraying of the water in areas that are not cropland per se but rather are ornamental where sprinklers really stick out, and then for seeds it's because, at least on mobile, strafe planting is nearly impossible so a square would still represent a significant improvement. They can still be good ideas without being absolutely necessary or completely new, I think.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

I think we've identified the real problem here.

Honestly, I wouldn't even contemplate playing stardew on a touch screen, there are too many aspects of gameplay that are just not suitable, and I literally cannot understand the desire to do so. Stardew isn't a game for two minutes here and there, it's a game where you have to devote at least 10-15 minutes just to get through a single day, never mind doing a few days, and the thought of spending that amount of time on such a tiny screen is just ugh.

• Skinflint

Yeah, tell me about it, but I can barely afford Internet, let alone a TV or console, let alone a real computer. The classism of gamers amazes me sometimes, even though I despise free-to-play and its ilk. *shrug* Stardew's one of the only honest, real, full games out there for mobile (and I'm on iOS which seems maybe likelier than Android to get pay-once ports).