2 to 4 player "Get the Girl" Coop mode.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Stardew_Valley, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Stardew_Valley

Stardew_Valley Master Chief

I was thinking that there could be a cool mode where you and your friends all try to Woo one girl. Say her likes and preferences are completely randomized. She tells you and 3 of your buddies to get her a list of things. These things are all over stardew valley, can be a specific type of fish needed to be caught, some shiny stones in the caves, 10 logs of woods, etc etc. The first to complete the list and give her all the items "gets the girl." I thought it'd be a fun kind of mini game / scavenger hunt mode.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

That could be interesting. Would it affect the main game?

• Trowzers

Trowzers Existential Complex

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt, but I think there's a problem with the way it's phrased here. The idea that giving a girl a bunch of stuff before your friends will 'get' her is entirely creepy.

Rather, how about a wandering alchemist who wants to make a special potion, but needs a bunch of ingredients. He'll share some of the potion with the first person to bring him the ingredients.
        Or a botanist looking for rare plants, or a farmer whose animals have run away, or any number of NPC's who might want you to find stuff that does not involve a woman giving away affection for whoever brings her stuff faster than the others.

That way you won't be annoying the female audience of the game (which given the type of game is sure to be a pretty big part of the audience) but you still have the scavenger hunt mechanic (which sounds pretty fun actually).

HalflingTea and AlexanPT like this.
        • Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Oh hey, have you seen my other two friends lately? They just disappeared for some reason...
          On another completely unrelated note, how do you like my new shovel? Huh? Oh that's just ketchup, silly.

ztc0611, Kairon156 and pinkcatmint like this.
          • Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

O sorry I was late, I was adding new fertilizer to my crops, it was fresh.
            *darts eyes at Evangelion and whispers* Its on...

ztc0611, pinkcatmint and Evangelion like this.
            • Lemo_the_lemon

Lemo_the_lemon Space Hobo

Yeaaahhh that sort of thing will really get you in trouble with people who have a problem with video games objectifying women xD

• Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I suspect that is the reason for initial lack of response. Many people prefer to not say anything rather than criticize an idea.

I personally am indifferent, though I do believe that there could be a competition made for multiplayer that would be seen as less offensive. Also, thread's in the wrong subforum since it's a suggestion for a new feature - I'll ask for it to be moved.

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

What about all the girls who go after 1 guy?

• Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

It looks like real life that.
                    But sadly the girl is way smarter than anticipated and will leech on all of you at the same time.
                    And eventually you all are part of her harem.

naithaan and AlexanPT like this.
                    • pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

Trowzers, you took the words out of my mouth. "I like the idea of a scavenger hunt, but I think there's a problem with the way it's phrased here. The idea that giving a girl a bunch of stuff before your friends will 'get' her is entirely creepy."

My first thought was that it was some sort of creepy date rape reference. D: I really like the idea of the wandering alchemist scavenger hunt though.

• Susurrus

Susurrus Master Chief

The original concept is creepy and misogynistic.
                        People ain't trophies to be won or commodities to be bought.

The follow-up 'scavenger hunt' concepts sound cool though!

HalflingTea and Hollow like this.