RELEASED 2CUTE FarmCave w/ Legend of Zelda-like fairy hotspring & also an underground library. UPDATE: 7/19

Discussion in 'Mods' started by taintedwheat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Uhm yeah. I like making cute shit.
    (uses the same 2cute.xnb as my greenhouse mod & upcoming greenhouse extension mod)

EDIT 7/19
    -
    I have attached a slightly different version and (generally more updated version) of this mod under the moniker "2CUTE FARMCAVE, bby.zip." .
    - It removes the front layer clipping on both top corners of the library. (Very minimal)
    - As well as added more greenery/shrubs in the hot spring room, ergo removing potential growing plots or storage areas in cave. But hey, there's so many options,that losing cave space is no big deal.
    -Added candles and re-arranged some plants. Move of an attempt to manage a cohesive room with a lively-color scheme of warm colors.

I took the modded two-floor cave layout originally adapted by @KingJoey for the FarmCave and made it fucking sick.

title of thread basically covers the best of the mods features.
    • have a little hidden underground fairy library nook. for shits and giggles. or like extra storage.
    • get dressed/undressed behind a bush. you can heal up in the hotspring.***
    • also, you can grow stuff (seasonal).
    directions:
    -- plz put the 2cute.xnb in your content folder.
    -- plz back up your vanilla/original FarmCave.xnb in your maps folder before overwriting it.​

screenshots for both versions are listed in their respective spoilers below.

entrance:
    [​IMG]

1st basement floor:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2nd basement floor
    [​IMG][​IMG]

here is what has changed -

entrance:
    [​IMG]

1st basement floor, library nook:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

**Now with more shrubs!**

2nd basement floor:
    [​IMG]

Ingame photos:
    Provided by @LuthienNightwolf of v2 : post no. 14
    POOL, POOL, POOL PARTY?! A .gif on how to get dressed and undressed for a dip.
    <3 <3 <3
    [​IMG]
    ***(note: the same bush is used to get redress.)***

check out my misc. thread (here) if you want to see the collection of stuff I've done thus far. thanks, and stay kewl.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
      beerziiez, Sundevi, Flumme and 23 others like this.
    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

You are so creative *-*

kittykatt1226 and taintedwheat like this.
      • taintedwheat

haha, thanks! much appreciated n.n

--
        (also anyone using zippy's SMAPI mod that allows you to put furniture outside? can someone tell me how it is? i intentionally left a big area by the hotspring empty for the possibility of furniture there to lounge near the spring D:)

• kashue

kashue Master Chief

This is great! Makes the farm cave have more purpose than just mushrooms, and looks fantastic.

I have a question though, in the 2 cute house upgrade, at night when I go in either the attic or basement, it is very dark. Lamps don't seem to work in the attic and basement. If I pick them up and put them down again they will light up until I leave. When I go back to the main floor, all the lights there will be off until I leave the house and go back in.

Did I do something to cause this when I was trying out different house mods, or is it a limitation with modding in new locations that I missed?

Thank you for all these super cute mods, amazing work!

taintedwheat likes this.
          • taintedwheat

Thanks so much! <3 <3 <3 I'm currently doing little like extra shrub edits like this, idk if anyone would want me to update the main post with it though:
            [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aww thanks! Oh, I should update my post about the house upgrade when I can. For some reason the lighting works really weird in the game, particularly in the extended areas of the house (which was never intended to begin with). So that's probably the biggest reason as to why the wall lights don't work right always and that your lamps placed won't work regularly the way I would like. I'm really sorry about that inconvenience though! I hate it too!

juicyslew, Zalkyria and lannihamm like this.
            • lannihamm

lannihamm Pangalactic Porcupine

found a few map issues~ (and although it isn't an issue per se, it seems like you don't really need to switch into the bathing suit to get in the hot spring/receive its regenerative effects, so that's nice)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taintedwheat likes this.
              • kashue

kashue Master Chief

Love the added greenery, and the candles are a nice touch. If there are going to be plants in a cave, I feel there should be lots.

Thank you for the info about the lighting! I could not find anyone referencing the issue, so I wasn't sure if I had a buggy map or conflicting mods. Something I discovered is you can get light in those areas with the crafted lamp-posts (works in the farm cave too). The main floor will still have the lights off when you return there, and the glow ring still won't work, but at least the attic and basement can be lit up a little. Now to replace the lamp-posts with something cuter :)

taintedwheat likes this.
                • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yeah, CA never really intended warps to be used to move to different positions in the same location, I believe that a version that requires ALL so it can use `ALLShift` would not have the issue though, since that unlike `Warp` does not trigger location change code.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I love the additions that you made here :rofl: I would use it!

taintedwheat likes this.
                    • foreveriscoming

foreveriscoming Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh it's lovely! Can't wait to use it in game!

taintedwheat likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

Ah! thanks for catching that stuff for me man!

It's attached here! And I guess at some point today I'll update the OP, but as for now, if anyone wants more greenery and less dirt (because why are you growing in the cave anyway when I have a greenhouse mod, cellar, and upcoming greenhouse extension that has more dirt space than this heap?)

here is what has changed:
                        [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Omg...I'm drooling over that room with the hot spring. Can...can I just live in there? @o@

This is super nice. I may have to grab this one, it'll go really well with my new farm map (the one Mushfae made that looks like it's in the Secret Woods)!

EDIT: Okay, got it, LOVE it. One small problem. That blue flower is blocking me from getting into the pool, unless I'm completely missing where the entry is. Everything else is beautiful and perfect, and I especially love the little frog sitting next to the pool.

• taintedwheat

Oh damn, sorry! I forgot how finicky edges are. I also noticed my hand accidentally slipped and i messed up on one of those big bushes
                            [​IMG]
                            [​IMG]
                            Please test this out and let me know if its ok

(please feel free to share screens so that i may update my thread with some in game photos as well as updates i made to 2cute farmcave, bby.)

Attached Files:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'm on it. :) I'll hop back into my game after I switch this out and grab some pics for you. Thanks so much for making so much pretty stuff, my farm is getting so awesome. :3
                              --- Post updated ---
                              Okay, everything works perfect now. :) I grabbed some screenshots, for sake of experimentation I dug up as much as it would allow me so people can see where they can potentially plant crops. I'm in winter right now, obviously. lol

My cave has mushrooms, I do notice the candles in the top right corner clip over the box but it's not really an issue to me. If you're a perfectionist like I am you may want to fix it though, I dunno. Everything else looks great, even with the wooden flooring I have in there. :3

Attached Files:

Coolwyngs and taintedwheat like this.
                              • Zalkyria

So I have the mushrooms in my cave and I notice that the candles (I thought they were flowers my bad lol) overlap with the mushroom box. Anyway you could move it? fe0cc6773fde42a3a37d6e93f0c3c0b8.png

• taintedwheat

@LuthienNightwolf Thanks! I will link yet post when I get back.

@Zalkyria absolutely, its easy. I will do do when I get home. Thanks!
                                  --- Post updated ---
                                  here's the fixed file n.n

Attached Files:

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

This is so cool. I think a wine room would look great in this cave. A storages room or cheese room or both would be so awesome as well.

• Zalkyria

Yaaaaay thank you so much <3

taintedwheat likes this.
                                      • taintedwheat

Haha, if anyone wants to take that task on, I recommend they do so! The only thing is that there are a whole lot of storage areas already and I never actually liked the cave being so.

I mean the other mods I have have helllaaaaa space, so I figured the cave didn't need so much x.x
                                        --- Post updated ---

Zalkyria likes this.
                                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I really should stop downloading every single mod you make or I'll have to call my farm Taintedwheat Farm next time I start a new game xD

Hitgirl911, MayaMayhem, swyrl and 6 others like this.