1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated 2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior 1.1e

Use fighting game moves!

1. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

SuperMandrew submitted a new mod:

2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior - Use fighting game moves!

Read more about this mod...

2. Auramaster

Auramaster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

would it be alright to ask for a different mirror to download this from? as much as I am excited to test this mod out, I can't exactly download from MEGA cause its taking an unusual long amount of time to load.

EDIT : alright nevermind, its working for me.

3. SuperMandrew

4. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Is there any chance you could provide a alternative link? That would be really great because Mega doesn't work for me. (eternal loading "screen") : (

5. Auramaster

Auramaster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok so far, im loving this mod so much, but trying to do the moves with fruitless effort is technically kinda hard, as it feels like it activates when it wants to and in general the combo linking system is quite a feat and I like it, the controls for it needa be smoothened out further and could be improved for a more fluid gameplay setting, as I am constantly tryin' to shoryuken some mobs.

all in all, great work, expecting more updates from this.

edit: heres another thing I've noticed, when using S, A, keys. they don't seem to correlate as a mirror substitute to the S, D, keys. this was something I kinda wanted to point out but its my only criticism I can give.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Rapmatt67205 likes this.
  6. SuperMandrew

7. SuperMandrew

Switched the mod over to Zippyshare - try downloading now! :)

Try not inputting the moves too fast -- when you do the move properly, before clicking, you'll see your current tool or whatever is in your hand disappear. When it disappears, simply click and the move should execute.

In regards to the S, A keys -- I'm currently only using S and D, and the move executes in the direction based on the location of the mouse. I found that it was less complicated using the mouse location as opposed to having to perform a left version of a move.

Glad you're enjoying it so far, and thanks for the feedback!

8. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Thank you very much! I also just tested your mod and I've to say its really impressive. Nice work! :)

SuperMandrew likes this.
  9. Rapmatt67205

Rapmatt67205 Yeah, You!

the combo for the mod is so hard! can you change ?

10. Karull

Karull Big Damn Hero

just had to say, your work is truely awesome man. If only I could code as good as you, my dragonball mod would become so much more better haha. I am trying to learn though, and your work is a great source of inspiration. Thanks!

edit: if you're interested, it would be amazing if you would collab with me and make something cool for my mod. PM me if you are!

11. redrupture

redrupture Void-Bound Voyager

yeah too many buttons for the super

12. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

It's a tribute to 2D fighters. I'm guessing the button combo for activating it is like it is because of that.

Soude and SuperMandrew like this.
  13. Soude

Soude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This owns bones, man. Such an awesome concept to have in this game, I hope the idea of super/ultra moves catches on with other modders.

SuperMandrew likes this.
  14. Chickens84

Chickens84 Void-Bound Voyager

K.O! You WIN!
    [​IMG]

15. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I get why the combos are are hard, I'm just glad monsters don't spam sweep kicks. Could scorpions signature move double as a grappling hook? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

SuperMandrew likes this.
  16. SuperMandrew

To those that are having trouble with the combination..

Try inputting the commands slower than you think. The hadouken must end with either solely the right button (D) being pushed before clicking, or clicking while the right button is pushed. If S is still being pushed when you click, then no dice on the move.

You get 0.2 seconds for *each* step in the input. That means if you press down, you get 0.2 seconds before adding right to that down. From there you get 0.2 seconds to press right and let go of down. And finally, 0.2 seconds to click.

My suggestion is to practice doing the commands with a sword or flashlight or matter manipulator equipped - why? Because if you input the move properly and don't click, you'll see your tool disappear. If you see your weapon/tool disappearing, this means you're only missing the click, so just click then and the move will execute.

I hope this helps some! It feels great shoryuken'ing a bird right out of the air ;)

Edit:

I had an idea for a moveset called Way of the Saiyan which contain some DBZ attacks. Maybe if I get that finished you could add it to your mod as long as the artist and I are credited? :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  17. SuperMandrew

I'd like to make sure people know this:

When inputting the commands, you don't have to take your hands off of certain keys to do the move. For instance, the Hadouken is S, S+D, D, click. However, you don't have to take your finger off S in order to do S+D. The whole move should be one nice rolling motion. I've uploaded a short tutorial gif here:

http://gfycat.com/AgitatedFrighteningJumpingbean

I'll still be working on making the moves easier to perform though.

18. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew updated 2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior with a new update entry:

Easier inputs, mouse mode, and more!

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. SuperMandrew

20. etherealblade

etherealblade Phantasmal Quasar

Speaking of Never Mining again....This would be rather awesome. Just dont watch if you plan on watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan. Massive Spoilers...

But really this makes the sky the limit now....Even Kirito's starburst stream is now a possibility :rofl:
    Whats that?...only This:

Thank you for opening the doors for us and showing us a new horizon. So basically as long as someone has the discipline and ambition to create animations they can be set to techs. How did you get the sprites like that as a png even though it's supposed to be animated? I've always wondered that when looking at creature sprites since I wanted to make my own techs and creatures.

*About the combos....Love them. There is nothing wrong with having to put in combinations as there is massive reward for it. Thankyou!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014