Race 50/60's Space Brain People

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Wausbo, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Wausbo

Wausbo Void-Bound Voyager

INTRODUCTION
    First off I do not have a name for them yet, so for now they're just 50/60's Space Brain People. Anyways I noticed that in the ark in the outpost there is a missing race, this is my idea for what that could be. Also when making this species I found that ever race has their own theme. An example is Novakids:Western; Glitch:Medieval; Avian:Aztec; etc. So for the Brain People their theme is....50/60's Space Movies. Though it is similar to the Apex and the Humans, it's unique in it's own way.​

LORE
    The reason that's they're theme is because of a man named John Dugh. He was an astronaut who loved nothing more than those movies at the time. Then one dreadful day he was sent into space with an incorrect trajectory. He was lost in space never to return to Earth. While on his journey he encountered high levels of radiation that caused him change genetically and to split into unidentical clones. Although the clones did not know much they soon found their true calling when they looked over to the TV. Over the generations they multiplied and their bodies started to wither and deteriorate. By the time when Earth was destroyed, They were nothing but an eyes and a brain! But luckily they had formed a civilization, so they were able to sustain their bodies from there with technology inspired by the movies they watched. Currently they have a government similar to what the Humans had, and 87% of the whole nation loves those obsolete movies.

CONCEPT ART

Space Brain People Art.jpg

Brain Person Sprite Art.png

I do not have much art or sprites for these people, but it should be enough to portray the concept, sorry.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i think you should keep the name as-is :1

but seriously lol looks neat.

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Do those fellows must keep their helmet on or is this just cause you drawn them with space equipment?

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

How about... "The Celebrains from Planet Soom!" Or something similarly unoriginal or cliche. As for concept, it's so silly and funny that I cannot help but support it! people that have an entire civilization based around the concept of watching TV, how absurd! And they are brains in suits with "50's future" technology like "cordless-phones", "flying cars", "space suits", and the "super-mega-ultra-gamma gun 3000".

Edit: I just realized that the gun's acronym / short name would be "the S.M.U.G. gun 3000

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. Wausbo

They keep it on :3[DOUBLEPOST=1437260133][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Exactly lol :rofl:

6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

So does that mean that if they remove it their head fall off? And that if we make one, he/she wont be interest in 50/60's movies?

7. Wausbo

Their brain an eyeballs are attached to the bottom of the helmet so no, but they will suffocate and die. Also if you're talking about the character you play as, then yeah he/she won't have any interest (either that or he/she is a failed actor who was banished)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. Wausbo

New concept art! The new art features a new sprite model and head variations.

Brain Person Prototype mk5.png

rhomboid likes this.
  9. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Love the theme, lore suck, sprites need some more work,hoping to see a sprite of that ray gun by the way do you wont some help?

10. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Nah, I think the lore fits the campiness of the original idea.

11. Wausbo

I'm not the best writer or sprite artist, but I could use some help if you have the time.

12. fishnbeef

fishnbeef Orbital Explorer

my god thats amazing

13. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

Fun idea!
    I'm guessing this is their favourite weapon?
    [​IMG]

A recommendation for the sprites. Starbound style tends to use more contrast and max 4 colours for any particular shade per sprite (ie, 4 purples, 4 yellows, 4 pinks).

I did a quick remix of your mk5 version there, which you're welcome to use in any way you want. Went more to the cartoony extreme to accentuate the theme. Bigger brain & thinner body, retro spaceboots.
    [​IMG]

General Nuclear likes this.
  14. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

sorry man im really sorry i forgot all about that sorry

15. Wausbo

This is awesome, thanks!
    Nah, it's cool ^=^