RELEASED 6/9/18 FULLY COMPLETED Pencilstab's Portraits (Character sprite edits available!)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by pencilstab, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Who's next?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. Leah

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Sam

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Alex

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Haley

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  6. Maru

5 vote(s)
    6.8%
  7. Sebastian

8 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Penny

12 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Radhra

Radhra Void-Bound Voyager

My best friend Linus has lovely dreamy eyes. Wonderful how it express the purity and vulnerability the character has. Thank you.

• Valkjosandi

Valkjosandi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Woo! Congrats! I know you still have a few characters left to do but even so the amount of work you've done already is quite staggering and they all look great! Thanks so much for all the time and effort you've put into these amazingly awesome portraits, I'm definitely going to be using them in my game for sure. :D

• xxxmariixxx

xxxmariixxx Void-Bound Voyager

These look great! Will you be uploading the no facial hair version of Harvey soon as? Really looking forward to that one.

emirinsama and FoxRatha like this.
        • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Why haven't I downloaded this yet...? *remembers that had a marriage mod installed* Oh... well I don't have it in now so maybe-*Shane marriage update probably coming within a few months*... Sonuva-!

• xxxmariixxx

xxxmariixxx Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if you maybe have thought about doing a version of Sebastian's portrait with a side view of his face rather than facing the front (so something like your elliot or harvey portraits). I know the vanilla portrait has him facing the front but I think he would look great from side view in your style seeing how well all the other bachelors came out.

• spiritslive99

spiritslive99 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, they're done!! Congrats- this honestly took way less time than I thought it would, so kudos for that! Now, this may be a dumb question, but uh... how do you install these?

• pencilstab

pencilstab Pangalactic Porcupine

Haha, thanks, I spent most of my spring break working on them, so yeah QuQ

To install:
                1. Install the file
                2. Extract the contents so you have a folder that should be full of .xnb files named after the various characters
                3. Locate your Stardew Valley>Content>Portraits folder
                4. Copy/move all of the files from my mod into the Portraits folder and REPLACE them
                5. You're doing!

spiritslive99 likes this.
                • FoxRatha

FoxRatha Aquatic Astronaut

I love your version of Harvey, definitely the only bearded one I've found attractive. Also looking forward to seeing him without facial hair :nod:

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

Great work again! Are you planning on doing the non-villagers? Mainly thinking of Sandy from the desert but would be interesting to see what you could do with Krobus and the Dwarf.

• pencilstab

Yup! I just need a bit to sit back and relax after cranking out all of them :rofl: But yes, definitely doing ALL of the characters... Although not sure how I'm going to draw the Dwarf, lol

• Hooschi

Hooschi Void-Bound Voyager

View beautiful portraits, but I liked the cut heads / hair I can not appeal to me. Sorry!

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

I love your portraits! But it bothered me a little that some of the facial hair you added wasn't also on the sprites, so I edited some onto them.

Attached Files:

HiHaHi123, Skvisa and pencilstab like this.
                          • pencilstab

That's so awesome, thank you for doing this! :D

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                            • sheetcakeghost

No problem. It only took me a couple of minutes and I figured I may as well share them since I'd be doing it anyway.

• sheetcakeghost

While I was at it I did some other sprite coloring edits to match the portraits. Including Maru with and without red glasses and Abigail without her bow.

Attached Files:

• pencilstab

Thank you! Especially on the Alex sprite~ I can't wait to check these out in game :D

• sheetcakeghost

Hmm, I probably could have made Alex's eyes more green, but oh well. Oh, and feel free to distribute these with your portraits if you want to (no need to credit me or anything).

Also, I haven't tested both of the Maru sprites, just the one with her in the glasses. Other than that they all look fine on my end.

EDIT: I redid the Maru sprites since I wasn't happy with them. I think these look much better.

And since someone already did a Sebastian with shorter bangs I don't need to. d:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
                                      HiHaHi123 and pencilstab like this.
                                    • sheetcakeghost

And now recolor of Marnie with brighter eyed Alex and an understated Eliot in a tie.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
                                        HiHaHi123 and pencilstab like this.
                                      • pencilstab

These are great! I will definitely add them for available download, and I will also definitely credit you! These look so great in game :D

• sheetcakeghost

I'm glad you like them! I'll probably do others if I notice they need it (I mostly focused on sprites with drastically different color schemes) and put them here.