A 2nd Building to Restore, enhanced shopping options, and more.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by noswanson1982, Jun 24, 2016.

1. noswanson1982

noswanson1982 Void-Bound Voyager

After completely restoring the Community Center via scavenger hunt, the Jojamart building becomes an abandoned, run-down building. Maybe after restoring the community center to its former glory, as a reward for completing the scavenger hunt, have the old Jojamart building become another scavenger hunt of sorts. Have this scavenger hunt consist of rare or difficult to obtain items (for additional challenge) and more bundles to complete.

Along with this, possibly open up a few more locations and items to be accessed upon bundle completion:

1) Mountain summit. Completing one of the bundles can unlock a path to the mountain summit. On the top of the mountain, you could find a monk that could teach the character advanced tactics when combating in the caves (dodging, strafing, combos, etc).

2) Have a boat or raft built to access an island. On this island, there could be rare fruits that you could turn into seeds with the seed maker and plant on your farm. You'd also be able to find rare fish,

3) Open a path to extend the size of the secret woods. This would also provide access to another minecart. In this secret woods area, there could be more enemies to fight (like the slimes), and a lot of diggable spots to find rare items (kind of like how you can find rare items in the quarry).

4) The ability to obtain twice as much storage in the fridge, or at least access all items on the stove from any kitchen chests.

****************** ENHANCED SHOPPING ***********************

This alters the shopping options of villagers who run businesses.

Robin: If you sell her an upgraded axe, she can start selling Hardwood out of her carpentry shop.

Pierre: Instead of just selling seeds, he may be able to sell vegetables and fruit out of his business. The cost would be 150% higher than the amount of money you'd get for selling it. Of course, you'd have to unlock this either by A) selling him 1000 produce (instead of shipping) or :cool: Selling him 250 of each item you want him to start carrying.

Gus: Cook foods and sell them to him. He'd learn the recipe and start selling that in his business from time to time.

Willy: A) He should be able to buy back the old rods, or there should be a way to get rid of them after you buy an upgraded rod. :cool: Selling him the legendary fish should unlock something special. Maybe a net so that if you get the green bar 75% full, you net the fish in automatically. I guess I've always felt like catching all of the legendary fish should have more meaning than just 1850 g. They only can get caught once a save file, and they are hard to catch.

Marlon: (Same with Willy). Should be able to sell all old weapons to him. As of right now, you can not sell the slingshot. He could possibly sell armor to increase defense stats. There isn't a lot of options with boots, and I pretty easily get killed in the desert mine with those purple slimes.

****************** FEW OTHER ENHANCEMENTS *******************

This one is minor... a cumulative drinking stat. You drink alchool, you get tipsy. You drink more alcohol... you just stay tipsy. I think that if you drink one beer, you get tipsy, two beers you get buzzed (-2 speed and character starts to make slight turns when trying to walk straight lines), three beers you get drunk (-3 speed and character starts to have difficulty walking straight and may become hard to control), and after 4 beers, character just outright passes out drunk. If the character passes out drunk, you wake up in your house, Harvey charges you anywhere from 100 to 500 gold, and you lose 50 friendship points with every villager in town (except for characters who are themselves either alcoholics or borderline (as they have no right to judge). Maybe have the villagers say something mean (e.g. "Your grandfather would be ashamed." or "If you remembered how big of a fool you were, you would be ashamed."). You would lose 100 points with Penny (as her mother is an alcoholic).

A better cooking system. The current cooking system is all right, but does have a few issues. A) Because gold, silver, and regular quality items can not stack together, that means having multiple crops of the same kind could take up to 3 spots. One solution I've seen in other games is to group them together, and clicking on them would open a sub-menu with your regular, gold, and silver ones in the same group. :cool: Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town had a semi-decent cooking system where you had to have the tools to cook with (mixer, pan, pot, etc). Something like that would add a cooler mechanic to it. Maybe having cooking be a multi-step process would add more depth to it. C) Make some rarer recipes secret. People experiment and actually stumble upon recipes with increased effects.

***************** IN CLOSING *******************

This is a really good game. Definitely worth the money spent. Some of the ideas suggested, I felt would be a great way for more late-game content.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Good suggestions here. :) I like the idea of doing more bundles to turn the old Joja mart into something useful - maybe some shops or a place for Leah to display her art, or Sam's band to do shows etc. I'd like to see Emily open a tailor shop where we could buy new clothes for our characters, or Haley have a hair salon. Somewhere for Shane to work too...maybe he could sell eggs, milk etc. from Marnie's ranch? Or even something like a Farmer's Market where some of the villagers who enjoy gardening could sell some special crops or flowers. I could see that for Lewis, Evelyn, and Caroline in particular. Ooh, and a pet store! Just for fun, Marlon could run it, and some of the "pets" would be things like Skeletons, rock crabs etc. I mean, we already have a Slime thing, why not some of the other monsters? lol

I'd also REALLY love a furniture store. Robin could run that, but instead of going to her shop and hoping she's selling the item you want, stuff would always be available. This would include wallpapers and flooring...all types, all the time. And reusable! :p

Just some thoughts of my own, to add to your suggestions. :3

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

For me, the most logic way to do this would be to upgrade fridge size by 1 extra line when you upgrade your house for the first time and 1-2 more extra lines for the final house upgrade as well. I was kinda surprised this wasn't already implemented in the game from the beginning to be honest.

• cankersaur

cankersaur Pangalactic Porcupine

A mod to allow access to the summit exists (link), but it's not an unlockable thing and there are some bugs, I think.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Honestly, a lot of those ideas-- the art show, the concert, the farmer's market-- are really what the Community Center /itself/ should be used for once restored. There's a fenced yard next to it that would be perfect for a Farmer's Market, and it would be appropriate if you had your own stand where you could sell small amounts of things. (Sorry, Pierre.) Though that fenced yard would also make a nice community garden for Evelyn to tend to.

• LuthienNightwolf

True, I would just like to see something besides that ugly Joja mart building just sitting there taking up space. Turn it into something, please. lol

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

My hunch is that after all the suggestions people have floated, CA will probably have something in mind for the closed Joja Mart in 1.1. I like the idea of an inn or bed n breakfast, myself, but there are a lot of very interesting ideas on different threads. At the very least I'd rather it be torn down and left as a lot to get overgrown with trees instead of being an eyesore.

• LuthienNightwolf

I'd be fine with letting it return to the forest. Maybe some Junimo's will move in. >u>

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, now I'm picturing an overgrown Joja Mart ruin where the Junimos have taken Morris in and are teaching him to live feral, like Linus, clad in the juices of berries and skeleton leaves.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                    • LuthienNightwolf

Aaahaha and Morris would be like: primitive spongebob.png

• Hot_Soop

Hot_Soop Space Hobo

I really like the Joja Mart idea. Does seem like it should do something after Morris get's kicked out.