Mob A Better Pet System.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Von Marlon, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Von Marlon

Von Marlon Pangalactic Porcupine

The Pet system has been bothering me much as in its current state it is running at about 0000.1% of its max potential. It could be something truly amazing yet atm it isn't even really worth bothering with.

The biggest problem and the thing I think it is missing most is a decent and visible levelling system to allow pets to get stronger over time and a way we can record that progress.

It supposedly has the ability to let them get stronger by killing so many enemies but the lack of indication/information and the minuscule return you get back from it, you might as well just not.

What I am proposing is a more apparent Rank system (A visible one at least), applied to monsters and a way to increase those ranks through so many kills or a continuous levelling system. Like the system we have now but a lot more expanded upon to make it worth while.

For example:

lvl 1 20 kills
    lvl 2 30 kills (+HP, +Attack)
    lvl 3 50 kills (+HP +Def)
    lvl 4 70 kills (Extra special Attack)
    and so on

You catch a Rank 1 pet, that pet kills 20 mobs. Pet increases to level 2 HP. attack increases, etc. Pretty similar to what we have already but then to take it that bit further and you are opening up so many things to players which are pretty much not doable atm as pets are that lame currently.

Don't get me wrong either, I wouldn't bash the current pet system so much if I couldn't see the massive amounts of potential going to waste.

Anyway, Hoping we see some changes to it at some point. just imagine Pet Arenas in space. :whaaat:

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

*ahem* they already confirmed they will be working on the following for the next content update:
    Fishing, pets, world building improvements.
    A pokédex like thing among the additions to pets, but leveling and such may be considered.