Race A Conceptual Race of Crustaceans

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by andySp, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Khood

Khood Contact!

Maybe so, but I still think that they're pretty neat, especially the angler fish one ):

2. Atlus

Atlus Big Damn Hero

I do suggest they have seashell hats as headdress, but not as a thing part of their body, though.

[​IMG]

Also coconut crabs are terrestrial crabs, they only spend time in the water as larvae before moving onto land for the greater part of their life.

3. rayzorsan

rayzorsan Space Hobo

I like this idea, would play it since my other choice florans look like females no matter what.

4. andySp

andySp Sandwich Man

5. Khood

Khood Contact!

please do, I think it's awesome!

6. Sigurd Aginulfus

Sigurd Aginulfus Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    Why not Zoidberg?

I realize I was beaten to it, but look! Mine has a picture!

Sgt_Hankey and JackOfAllTrades like this.
  7. TheLostSentinel

TheLostSentinel Big Damn Hero

8. Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

What if for armor they would wear fish scales instead of chainmail.

9. drmaverick94

drmaverick94 Void-Bound Voyager

I would love an Egyptian themed race, maybe do dogs like Anubis?

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  10. KomodoKing

KomodoKing Tentacle Wrangler

We would all love to play as a crab but the crystal thing is overused. Many other races like the Drale have crystals in their story. I suggest a giant waterless reef with scattered huts or something of the sort, but it's your decision.
    But otherwise I love this space-fareing roman crabs thing. 1 like for you!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  11. jetsetdizzy

jetsetdizzy Big Damn Hero

I really like this one.

12. VinchenzoJackal

VinchenzoJackal Big Damn Hero

A second aquatic race? A good idea!

13. Chickens84

Chickens84 Void-Bound Voyager

Watch any documentary about crabs, and you will wonder whether they aren't already a space-faring exosuit biorobot race. They regenerate limbs, they shed their shells, they act very machine-like. Hell, if their arm or leg is hurt, they pluck it out and wait for a new one to grow. Arthropods are probably the closest to what we'll see of an alien organism in our lifetimes. I'd very much welcome a no-nonsense crustacean machine race that is feared by other Starbound races for their brutal efficiency. Wonder would it be possible for Chucklefish or anyone to add a multipedal race with their own armor, equipment, special abilities and animations. So far every race feels like a little more than a mere reskin of one bipedal species. I crave for some serious sci-fi diversity since Master of Orion days.
    [​IMG]

14. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

Love the details you've got here. This is a very unique and interesting design!

15. Chickens84

Those are Tachidi, Insecta subspecies from generally unloved Master of Orion III (it was radically different compared to first two installments). In my case however, it was my first turn-based space game which I played on and off over several years until I understood it well enough to enjoy it. Its interface, lore, steep learning curve and brutally serious tone, still hold a place in my heart.

16. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

So, the theme of these guys is Roman/Greek, then?
    I really like this suggestion. A lot of races seem to be trying to occupy the crystal niche as of late, though. They could use some more backstory.

17. Raptoral ze great guy

Raptoral ze great guy Big Damn Hero

He meant the race

18. Chickens84

Heh, I dun goofed :V

19. Mr.Noßody

Mr.Noßody Intergalactic Tourist

I want crab people.
    I want them all day.

20. HooooooooDini approves and so dones oopavile