NPC A familiar face...

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by SpaceKGreen, Feb 21, 2013.

1. yugimon

yugimon Space Spelunker

Eatting my former self... huh.

2. Deathwolf

Deathwolf Void-Bound Voyager

This is such an awesome idea. Imagine making your old characters into your allies and exploring new planets with them.

3. shyfulReverie

shyfulReverie Phantasmal Quasar

Perhaps I would be able to challenge my previous character to a duel aswell? It would be awesome to be pitted in a massive battle against your former self!
    10/10

4. Brixmon

Brixmon Phantasmal Quasar

This is a great idea! You gotta go dan ouda dan! (10/10)

5. Kitty Box

Kitty Box Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is a pretty interesting idea. It reminds me a lot of battling red in pokemon gold/silver/crystal/heartgold/soulsilver.

6. DoomZero

DoomZero Zero Gravity Genie

I also came up with this idea, and I'm glad somebody else thought of it already!
    Given that the suggestions section of the site went up recently, I think it would be okay for me to necropost here, both to revive interest in this idea as well as to post the link to where you can upvote this suggestion if you like it.
    http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?p=view&id=4924
    So use that link if you want this suggestion to get upvoted.

Actually, I think, given the small number of upvotes this has, and the relatively undescriptive title, I think I'll create my own suggestion. I've also got other ideas to add onto this, so it's not going to be a complete repost.

7. octionapus

octionapus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

epic idea, i want this in the game, who knows, tiy could see this on how popular this MIGHT become

8. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I like the idea.
    Not sure about the janitor thing, I would most likely find Nami asleep in my storage shed after drinking all my alcohol. When I try to attack the thief he dodges away gives a tip of his straw rain hat and vanishes over the tree tops.

9. kstomix9tomix

kstomix9tomix Void-Bound Voyager

This is a great Idea, meeting your old self on a diffrent char, if I saw my old char I would be so 0_0. Great idea, keep it up.

10. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

I like this idea. Its a good idea and much more plausible than another idea i read that worked with servers or something... A few quick questions though, would the players show up and then leave after a while or could you store up a small army of yourselves at your base? Could you trap yourself an build a museum showing various forms of you? Could you trade with yourself for armours or weapons? Would you be a jerk and charge extortionately high prices for wooden spears?

I love this idea :D
    Where's suggestionbot, I want to like this idea on the starbound page!!
    Found the link :) thanks!

EDIT: Wait! What if I want to take over the universe, but older me also wants to do this... and so does olderer me! Oh No! I might have to fight an army of myself for universal control! :eek:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  11. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

What about both? You can encounter any character you have made before, but you can also hit a retire button that allows you to write dialogue for yourself to read later, and you could chose a personality... You'd sacrifice playing as the character, for playing with a more detailed and customised character.
    Basically... You could meet any character in your travels, and they would have any dialogue that their race normally would have OR you could retire a character, and give them a really interesting bio and they would be able to trade with you team up with you, etc.