A few ideas that would add a lot to starbound

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by GrayGriffon, Feb 24, 2012.

1. GrayGriffon

GrayGriffon Subatomic Cosmonaut

i would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to read this post. i figure we should get off to a good start since i have a lot of ideas... okay i'm going to start with items i would like to suggest i'll start with the clothing items.
    Clothing
    1. this would be a clothing item type, it would be a long coat, it could look like a trench coat, a western duster, or a doctors coat, they would look coolest if it went down to the persons ankles or slightly higher.
    2. fedoras. i mean common they just look sick.
    3. cargo pants they look cool to.
    note: a nice touch to the consumes in game would be color customization, like you could have a brown, black, blue, or what ever color you wanted for your clothing items (for a price of course) if you added this touch i'm guessing you already have a clothing selling NPC if not then might i suggest a robot seamstress?
    Weapons and Ideas for weapon mechanics
    okay so this wont be a list, just a few ideas. to start off i think there should be three gun types, rifles pistols and heavy weapons. rifles would include anything that takes two hands to wield, shot guns, assault rifles ect. these guns would be the basic. heavy weapons would be like rocket launchers flamethrowers mini-guns that sort of thing. now hand guns/pistols would be any weapons held it one hand. this i think would be the coolest thing ever for this game, dual wielding, holding two one handed guns at once. dual pistols, sub machine guns, even small shotguns. another nice touch would be holding what ever one handed weapon in what ever hand you wanted. so basically you have a pistol for a medium ranged weapon and if the enemies got to close you'd have a shotgun to blow them away without having to switch between weapons making it a much smoother combat style. and most importantly... it would look sick!
    that's all the item suggestions i have =) thanks so much for taking the time to read this post (i know its a doozy) have a nice day =D

2. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

To the last couple points in each part:
    I can see them eventually makeing it so you can color clothes, they are going to make it so you can color (or something like it) weapons.

They have already stated that you can pick which hand to put a weapon in. It will be cool though if you can hold two guns, I don't see why not.
    quote from the Q & A irc:
    1. Tiy: weapons come in 1 and 2 handed varieties
    2. Tiy: and when you equip two weapons, the left mouse button activates one, the right mouse button activates the other
    3. Tiy: so you could equip say.. a sword and a pistol
    4. Tiy: and use them in combination

3. GrayGriffon

thank you and cool =) i have been seeing a lot of people quote this Q & A thing. but i have no idea where to find it. do you mind dropping me a link?

4. solac3

solac3 Void-Bound Voyager

here is the link. http://pastebin.com/sDxGb2pC

5. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love customization in any game so hopefully there's going to be a lot of options, I can see paperdoll being implemented :3

6. GrayGriffon

7. GrayGriffon

conse
    Tiy: There are so many different visual styles for armor (we're using the same random generation system as weapons) that you won't need "costumes" as such, because armors will cover everything. But! You can equip armor to be purely visual, just like in world of warcraft
    thats a quote from the Q & A. =)

8. Remnant Drive

Remnant Drive Pangalactic Porcupine

Fixed to prevent eye bleeding/straining.

GrayGriffon likes this.