A few new characters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seth0et0holth, Dec 13, 2016.

1. seth0et0holth

seth0et0holth Star Wrangler

So, I've been thinking some more (I think maybe I think of toooo much... and lol many of my ideas really aren't that good... but still might as well just throw them at the wall and see what sticks? :) )

So, some new characters first of all:

The Vampire: Either male, female, or even androgynous (that last one is kind of a trope in the real-life visual kei scene, just go look at say some pics of Yoshiki or Gackt or Hyde or Kamijo or...). He/she/they maintains a creepy mansion on the edge of town/visits from Zuzu City (whichever works...). Since there's already an artist and a writer in the game (Leah and Elliot), it might be an idea to go completely with the music thing for him/her/them and make him/her/them a source of music instruments and related items, and/or to do something entirely new - the bat breeder as opposed to Demetrius, which would allow you to have a Bat Cave or Bat House.

Idea being it would also create a new quest - at the end, allowing the vampire to bite you would knock off some of your stamina meter permanently, but it would allow you to sleep every other day instead of every day. (Of course, your stamina and health meters would still drain, so you'd have to eat instead of sleep....)

Marriageable? Possibly, but with your stamina and health meter being drained to near zero every day to start because he/she/they do have to feed. ;)

The Thie-TREASURE HUNTER: Probably male, though female would work too. The thief would not be marriageable, but could be befriended. If you're friends with him, he will occasionally send or give in cut scene items that are usually very difficult to get (hard to catch fish, very rare items, things that require a lot of work to create etc) but he will also occasionally "visit" your farm and randomly take stuff that isn't in your backpack.

The Faeries As NPCs: So, like the witch, these already exist in game. Idea being that there is a new Faerie land opened, with quest lines related to it and the Fairy Rose and Fairy Rose Honey becoming a valuable trade item for Faerie items. Idea also being that Haley is actually the Faerie and that adds a little new depth to her character...

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I think there needs to be a Barbour and Clothes Shop with one new townsperson for each place. The idea would be that you can pay these people to change your hair and clothes respectively. I know you can already do that with the Wizard's Crucible in the basement, but it'd make sense to me that it should only be used to change just your character's complexion.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
        seth0et0holth likes this.
      • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I have to disagree on the thief taking away items from chests, because that limits player agency and can lead to the loss of unique items. I would be fine if we're talking chests outside of buildings there since the game already makes it perfectly clear that putting chests outside is a bad idea, but I build my storage shed for a reason and won't lose my gold star mutant carp I win the Stardew Fair with every year to a burglar.

The vampire though could be a very cool addition, especially when there's some sort of questline associated with them (their gender could be intentionally vague just like Leah's ex), maybe some sort of battle over dominance between the wizard and the vampire and with your help they realize they're on the same side and find the power of friendship ;)

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I've seen no issue with doing so with one of mine, none of the contents were lost and the chest remained intact. Can you tell me why it's a problem to leave chests outside?

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Hasn't happened to me, but a lot of people complained about lightning destroying chests. Dunno how much of that is true though. Still, I don't want my stuff stolen, and if I ever see a thief on my land I'll plant land mines, not crops.

EDIT: ^Disregard the above, I'm an idiot.

• seth0et0holth

seth0et0holth Star Wrangler

Yeah, like I said sometimes I go "hard mode" on ideas. I think making the shed as well as the backpack impervious to the thief (perhaps for extra money for a lock?) would solve that problem and yet allow for the thief character to not just be a fount of awesome items but have his drawbacks as well. :)

Surenu likes this.
              • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Personally, I'd still much prefer the thief instead stealing crops, especially valuable ones - better guard those fertilized starfruits!

• Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I just had another idea for the late game - a trainer. You pay 1000g per lesson, can take multiple lessons a day and once you've paid 1.000.0000g for lessons, you get a stardrop.