A few questions about SV.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caskett, Mar 25, 2013.

1. caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello! First off, I would like to say that Stardew Valley looks awesome! I just have a few questions about it:
    1. I just want to make sure that the game is not out yet and there is no way you can play it yet, right?
    2. When do you think it will come out and how much will it be?
    3. Why is there a forums page if the game isn't even out yet?
    4. Will this only be on Steam?
    5. Why does the Stardew forums sometimes change to Starbound forums randomly...just wondering if that happens to anyone else.
    Thanks!

• djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

You might be interested to know there is a FAQ online: http://stardewvalley.net/faq/

According to the FAQ:
      1. coming out in 2013
      2. no set price, but "very affordable"
      3. my guess is so people can discuss and follow it's development, plus drum up interest and publicity
      4. it's PC only, but nowhere could I find anything saying if it will be on Steam or not.

peace

caskett likes this.
      • caskett

Thanks, the only reason why I ask question 4 is because I was wondering if it might come out on consoles, like Terraria.

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some of these were already answered, but the Wiki containing the interview with the Dev's mentioned that the game will be on desura or Steam if it's greenlighted. (Probably will be.)

As for the change in forums, Stardew is being published by Chucklefish, which is publishing and developing Starbound. Both games are a conglomeration of indie developers under the same name, just different games. The forum itself is all under the same forum, just different pages and parts.

caskett likes this.
          • caskett

So Starbound is just kinda like their main game right now?

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldn't put it that way. It's more like they were pushing Starbound, and another dev for another game with similar interest came along, and the offer was extended to join forces. ConcernedApe is the primary dev for Stardew and works exclusively on it, (as far as I know) so each game has its own staff and agenda.

• caskett

Oh, that makes more sense:rainbow:

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, ConcernedApe is the exclusive developer for Stardew Valley. I know he has separate bug testers.