1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback A few thoughts on the latest updates

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ghuleh, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Ghuleh

Ghuleh Void-Bound Voyager

I have a laptop, 8 gb of ram, Windows 10. My processor AMD a10 with an integrated R6 card.

I used to have a 2 gb ram desktop from computer which is 9 years old and still working. When Starbound had just come out, I would play there, and the game worked better than now. It's clearly an AI issue, since the fps drop like crazy when there are only a few enemies or npcs walking around the screen. Even with a lot of zoom and 640x480 resolution the fps is almost unplayable at times.

The outpost mostly becomes a pain in the ass to be in. I hope you can fix this issue soon in one of the upcoming updates. Otherwise I'm loving the 1.0, with a few exceptions:

The executable says "0.9 beta", why is that? Also the window of the minimized game sitll says "Starbound - beta"

There are a lot of issues with party questing. So far I've never been able to do a sidequest with my fellow party member. Whenever one of us accepts a quest, the other gets a "quest failed" message when trying to accept the same one.

There is also a large number of bugs, but it's to be expected and not gamebraking like the low fps issue.

Other than the above mentioned, the game is greatest than ever, I'm loving it and playing it to death. Finally the game is beginning to look like what we all hoped for.