1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

A Glitch Topic

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Shadox2.0, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hello , i open his topic (usefull for some , useless for many) for speak about Glitch-related things , like mods , structure locations , why not creations (your or mine) , and anythings you want about the Glitch race.

So i can start with the mod i use :
    -WIP Explorer Pod , it add many flying pod (almost all race , the modder work hard on it ^^) , it fly and have a torchlight (left clic) , and a klaxon (right clic) , they may have weapons in the futur , keep an eye on the mod , this the Glitch Explorer Pod :
    [​IMG]

-Create-A-Friend and Job Offers , Create a friend allow you to spawn a villager or a soldier of the race of your choice , + the ability to gear him/her , you can ask for follow you or wait here , Job Offers allow you to recruit almost everyone as crew member wih the job of your choice (soldier , janitor , mechanic...) , they both very well together , this is my crew : (ready to travel ^^)
    [​IMG]

-Racial Crafting and Printing, Allow you to have many crafting table and printer for each race , this is the glitch crafting station (the gold/metal anvil) :
    [​IMG]

-XS MECHS - Vehicle Edition + ZZ Mech , add Mechs in the game , even if they are all futuristic one of them have a wooden skin , shoot arrow with primary attack and a boulder as secondary :
    [​IMG]

-Galactic Shop , add 23 shops (armor dye food block furniture material ore prefectorate etc, and racial shop) , usefull if you don't want raid a glitch castle or village for gather ifurniture, since its for vanilla item i didnt take a screen , instead i've link a picture from the mod page :
    [​IMG]

-Themed Colony Deeds , Add themed colony deed (...) , because its better if the theme fit ^^ , this is some of them (in order : Glitch , Brass , Stone and Wood) :
    [​IMG]

-
    Medieval Fridge , FINALY A MOD , change the skin of fridge and minifridge for a medieval theme , because i'm bored to be forced to use a white fridge in my glitch town , so i''ve finaly make it with some help ^^
    [​IMG]

-SaplingMaker , allow you create your own custom sapling (from vanilla leaf/trunk) and also the possibility to have a gradient color for leaf (72 colors) , in my case it was the solution of shy metal tree (i speak about greay metal trunk , not the rust tree , even if rust tree leaf/trunk can be used too :
    [​IMG]

By the way it's not a topic about me , its about Glitch so feel free to share screen or mods or anythings related you want.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    ladyKAE and TheFloranChef like this.
  2. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

oh man, i like the medieval fridge! if you do ever make it a mod, i'd be happy to get it. 'v'

Aurakiel likes this.
  3. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

I've made a museum today :
    [​IMG]

TheFloranChef likes this.
  5. Mile-High Hat

Mile-High Hat 2.7182818284590...

ooh! :D you stuck very faithfully to the Glitch fortress aesthetic.

6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Thx , yep i've one on the right , i've too many glitch structure here x)

I've even copy past the baron castle (from mission) ^^

7. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

There's a mod that removes the pre-installed eyes/brains of the 3+ tier armor sets that I find nice. It lets you see if there's an actual Glitch underneath the armor, and what color their eyes are. It's called "Glitch Armor Edits" And there's also a mod that makes all the games' vanilla mechs available for purchase at Pete's; one of which being the Glitch Mech.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  8. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Yes i've see the glitch armor but i never show racial armor (except low tier at the begining like 2-3) but i quickly take the glitch crown , and i use the fire lord chest and legs atm , for people who want the mod its here.
    (also multiple eyes on glitch armor mean they have additional brains for information ^^)

About mech i've the one with vanilla mech readded i've see it (here) and i'll see for take it but i must admit at the moment i'm more in admin/phase shift(noclip)/WEdit (i build a glitch planet) , also its in beta and have only 2 review with 3/5 stars , so it should mean its not stable yet (also the modder cant work on it since sometime as i've read)

If never you use them and want provide screen to this topic , feel free , it's made for that ^^

9. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

Alright then, fair enough. Here's a screenshot of me checking up on the guards in my fortress.

[​IMG]

If you look closely, you'll find that both guards have different eye colors, and that's thanks to the Glitch Armor Edit mod I was talking about. So as you can see, I use the mod mostly to help make NPCs looks a bit more unique from one another.

As for the vanilla Glitch Mech I was talking about, I forgot to mention that it seems a bit unfinished in-terms of controls. All I've gotten it to do so far is to occasionally launch a cannonball.

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ok ^^ indeed it will change a little , specialy about npc , i'll consider that ^^

11. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

Yeah I admit it's not much, but like I said I feel it gives the NPCs a bit more personality. I find this a nice way to tell my Dark Knight Glitch Crewmates apart from each other instead of pulling up their names. xD

On an unrelated note, if you're wondering why I'm dressed up as a white cultist, it's because I'm trying to go for a ghost-themed Glitch. I have yet to comeup with a clever portmanteau like what Chucklfish thought up with Count 01, the RAMpire. >_>;

12. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact i've finally made it some minute ago ^^ , check here.

TheFloranChef and Viralord like this.
  13. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

Downloading & Rating it now! :D

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  14. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

I'm a purist but I've never been so tempted to download a mod JUST for the Glitch fridge.

15. Viralord

Viralord Poptop Tamer

Welp... I just subscribed to the mod via Steam and checked my mods list to see if it was there; But when I tried to craft or spawn the fridges, they either weren't on the crafting list or turned out to be "Perfectly Generic Items" respectively. I made sure to check the list of mods I currently have to see what possible conflicts there could be, but I can't see anything that would be messing it up? But just incase, here's a few pictures of all the mods I have so you can see for yourself

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That being said, I'd like to apologize if this complicates things for you; as I realize you've no doubt put a good bit of work into the mod only to hear it may not work on Steam. But I'm just letting you know before more people potentially download it and end up dissatisfied.

Also @Aurakiel you should probably get it on Steam to see if it works for you, given the fact that you aren't using any mods.

Aurakiel likes this.
  16. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

xD i'm glad to read that ^^

Aurakiel likes this.
  17. Aurakiel

Aurakiel Space Spelunker

@Viralord as tempting as it is I probably still wont be getting the mod. I love looking at them and support the modding community I just don't use them myself.

18. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Infact i dont use steam for mod so i havent try , but the mod run well wit h my compilation of 56 mod at the moment , also my knowledge aren't good enought for check compatibility issue (it was a strugle only for make this mod ^^') , but i've try without any mod and i've try with my mod list and it was ok , and i've almost all the modslist you have.

Also its a standalone , not a placeholder (it mean i've add an item , i didnt replace an existing one) , so it should work always IMO.

But you use the mod discussion for that , here it's a glitch topic ^^