A little, probably silly question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sachiko, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Sachiko

Sachiko Void-Bound Voyager

I think that I know what the answer to this is gonna be, but I really, REALLY need to ask so that I can be 100% sure.

You guys say that there are gonna be 10 NPC bachelors and bachelorettes for your PC to romance and marry, as well as the possibility of romancing any of the other PCs in multiplayer games.

My question is this: Are the bachelors/bachelorettes restricted to hetero pairings? Or will I be able to have my PC engage in a yuri* relationship with another girl when I get this game?

Thanks for your time to answer. And sorry if this question has already been answered. I haven't seen similar threads in the subforum.

*Yuri = Japanese term for anime/manga with girl-girl homosexual relationships.

• Mia-Hime

Mia-Hime Guest

From Greenlight:
      "ConcernedApe:
      Yep, same-sex dating/marriage is absolutely supported in Stardew Valley. Woo and marry whoever you like!"

Mopy, djchrisblue, Lunarex and 2 others like this.
      • Sachiko

Sachiko Void-Bound Voyager

My hyping level for this game has just gone up. <3

ConcernedApe likes this.
        • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I know, right? When I first discovered the game, same-sex marriage wasn't on my priority list of things to look for but then I read that quote and then I just was like "SOLD. I am officially sticking with this."

• CJoker3221

CJoker3221 Pangalactic Porcupine

A probably silly question xD
            Nah, not silly :)

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i knew someone was gonna ask this sooner or later, and i didnt get to answer
              darn

• Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

It seems like CA is not a hardcore christian.
                Well, that's quite nice. And adds realism. The feature.

Sunako_Kirishiki likes this.
                • Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

This just made me fall in love with this game even more! I'm so happy to see open-minded indie game developers! Concernedape just got mad bonus points!

• pinkcatmint

pinkcatmint Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've been pestering the Harvest Moon folks about allowing same sex marriage for a long time. They just ignore me, so I'm glad to find a farming sim that allows me to marry whoever I want.

• Saber Cherry

Saber Cherry Big Damn Hero

Hawt. I always wanted to play the girl farmer, without having to hit on the bachelors :)

• Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

there was one game where it was possible for one character but it was removed from the English edition of the game

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Harvest Moon DS Cute.