Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

I wanted to add a small shack but no png to use, can we expand the png and add image there?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

taintedwheat and BoffoBoy like this.
    • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Yep. It just hates me. Maybe its because I have an older SMAPI and the tilesheet thing only works on newer versions? I can't update my SMAPI until the creators of my mods do =(

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

About to start re-doing my mod on another map, warn me now if that is not needed.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

See where the error happens at StardewValley.Game1.setGraphicsForSeason()? Your location is an outdoor one, and you'll need four tileset .xnb's. They need to be named spring_namehere, summer_namehere, fall_namehere, and winter_namehere.

• Jinxiewinxie

You can edit the .tbin inside Farm.xnb to make a little shack there but I don't know if it'l look just like the mini-solo in your image. For the interior of your shed, you'll want to make that on another map probably, one of the Locations listed earlier in the thread. Pick one and make the layers larger and then draw out your interior using the tiles =) To make a warp between the two, check another reply in this thread that says how to add warps to individual tiles. Hope this helps!

• Jinxiewinxie

You single? Cuz if this works I'm knocking on your door. BRB to test ^_^ Thank you!

BoffoBoy likes this.
              • BoffoBoy

bus stop's yaml looks like

xnbData:
                target: "w"
                compressed: true
                hiDef: true
                readerData:
                -
                type: "xTile.Pipeline.TideReader, xTile"
                version: 0

numSharedResources: 0

content: {} #!TBin
                extractedMaps:
                -
                path: ""
                tilesheets:
                - "spring_outdoorsTileSheet.png"
                - "paths.png"

Is not the tag 'outside' custom loaded to auto reference the different seasons?

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

Yep i know how to use Warp. but well i wanna edit that silo but it will also affect the other instance of that image like on the Ranch xD

• Jinxiewinxie

There's a silo in another tilesheet in pieces, can you piece together a silo onto your farm.xnb .xbin without it causing problems to where it is used elsewhere?

• Zelnite

Zelnite Big Damn Hero

its on spring tile sheet that is connected to farm.xnb if edit it i have to edit the image each on every season xD

• BoffoBoy

So FYI I guess, the walls_and_floors.png can freely be added to a map via the outlined procedure in the first post. Be sure that when editing the yaml, to place the assets the order they appear in tIDE's tile sheets hierarchy.

• Jinxiewinxie

It isn't fair that I can't get an outdoors one to work. =(

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Try this. Download this .zip and put the 4 .xnb files in Content\Maps. Place the .png where your .tbin file is and add the tilesheet to the map. You'll notice it's a default tilesheet but I drew purple/pink lines on some of the top textures. Place some of these edited tiles on your map and try it out in game.

• Jinxiewinxie

Missing .zips make me sad! ^_^ I don't think it uploaded =)

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

• BoffoBoy

I find it funny that as time passed Ape's ability to draw building interiors improved. His early stuff had borders that looked like this in building layer with the dark blocks all on back level and the front layer smoothing the rough edges of the building layer
                                [​IMG]

while his later stuff had the building level all black blocks and the borders entirely residing on the front layer
                                [​IMG]

mine is like a mix of both since I followed his lead.

• Jinxiewinxie

• QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

I would love to be able to actually place the basement for each tier. FarmHouse, FarmHouse1, FarmHouse1_marriage, FarmHouse2, FarmHouse2_marriage into their own map without the house and just have the trapdoor in the house files or even just add the trap door and warp via code to the farmhouses. But sadly i know nothing about code. I downloaded Visual Studio 2013 as i have win 7 and VS15 says it does not work on win7. B ut i am at a loss as to were to start. As What i want to do is more then just 1 xnb but a total of 10. Uhh to sadness

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Visual Studio 2015 works with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (is your OS up to date?) Btw, I've done hours worth of trial and error experimenting on editing the FarmHouse location without editing the .xnb. Due to the way it updates based on house upgrade level, it can be tricky to do. However, I've managed to find a weird workaround that allows you to use 1 set of code to dynamically edit the location no matter what upgrade you have or whether you're married or not. Based on which house upgrade you have, a different tile property can be assigned to a hatch to warp you to the appropriate basement location (or you can go crazy and change things around to add an entire staircase, I only did this much work on the original farm house as it takes a lot of time).

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
                                    • QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah i have Win 7 Service pack 1 updated to the latest patch roleout by Microsoft
                                      But still it says this version of VS was made for a newer version of windows
                                      I went here to acquire it.

I understand what i want to do and what i can do is not gonna be an easy task, I understand if i use a single map, i will need to have code to say move items in the previous basement to this area in the new one. It seems to much of a hassle really, as it works the way i do it now rather well. Apart from the odd random bug the minority have encountered.
                                      Maybe just going the solo building that has no tiered progression would be easier but not as fun or emersive.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.