Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddybearss

teddybearss Master Chief

hi! okay, so, baby modder here. please have patience. if i wanted to take a doghouse from someone's custom farm.xnb (there's permission to edit in the description, but the modder has been offline since 2017, rip) and add the doghouse and only that to the vanilla file, how would i go about doing that? i have both tbins open in tiled, i'm just not sure where to go from there.

• cbarberich

cbarberich Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! This is my first time posting in this forum, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. I'm currently working on a custom foraging map, and I'm using the spring_extras tilesheet from the Immersive Farms 2 Mod as well as adding onto that tilesheet the Tanpoponoko's Custom Map Elements, building the map so far has been fine, but when I go to pack the map for testing, I get this error in XNB:

SyntaxError: Unexpected number
      at Object.parse (native)
      at getValue (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\typeyaml.js:203:18)
      at getObject (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\typeyaml.js:180:21)
      at getObject (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\typeyaml.js:182:21)
      at Object.parse (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\typeyaml.js:222:12)
      at packXnb (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\main.js:50:25)
      at C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\main.js:60:16
      at Walker.<anonymous> (C:\gog games\stardew valley\xnb-node\main.js:100:13)

I don't know what any of this means, or what exactly it is that I broke, could someone help me please?

Thank you!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

You can load the .tbin with Content Patcher, so there's no need to force it back into an xnb.

• cbarberich

cbarberich Void-Bound Voyager

honestly, I didn't even think about that. Thank you!

• ShamanKem84

ShamanKem84 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello,

Can someone explain me how I can set the Coordinates for the Minecart destination.
            I placed the Minecart, at the Bustop, down to the Walkway and the Entrypoint is working fine but when I use a Minecart to the Busstop I spawn at the old location.

Thank you

• radhalla

radhalla Void-Bound Voyager

I'm completely new to map editing. Should I be using tIDE or Tiled?

• FlashShifter

FlashShifter Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

I've just finished looking all over the web for an answer to my question I couldn't get help. I also looked through this entire thread and didn't get an answer, even though several people asked but no one answered them completely.

Can someone please tell me how to delete path layers in tlDE on the town map? I can edit the path layer perfectly fine on EVERY other map in the game except the town map. I'm trying to get rid of bushes, debris, etc. I'm also trying to add paths on the town map. No matter what I do, paths do not show up at all. Any edits I make to paths do not apply. This is even after I make a completely new save file btw. I've also used the save editor to delete bushes from the save file itself and they do not delete, even though it works on every... other map? Is the town map coded with an override? What's the deal with the paths on the map?

Thank you. :)

• soapierbean

soapierbean Void-Bound Voyager

Looking for some help with designing a spouse room. For whatever reason, my spouse room won't load, it crashes every time. I'm thinking something is going wrong when I import tilesheets from the PNGs, but I really am clueless. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

• putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this will help you out or not, but have you tried talking to Ranfuu (http://mayorfuu.tumblr.com/) about this problem? I know she created a mod (Harvest Goddess & Goddess Garden spouse room) with a custom spouse room using TMXloader, and I can't personally vouch for her being able to help you or not, but I know since she's worked on a similar thing, she might be able to help you figure out what's going wrong in your mod if you ask her nicely?

• Moragaine

@soapierbean Are your optional tilesheets in the folder with the Tmx file when you put the mod in your Mods folder?

• soapierbean

soapierbean Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the help @putaytoe & @Moragaine, but since that post I've found the problem. When I imported the tilesheets, I had to change the name of the tilesheet from the name of the file. Once I did that, everything worked like it should.

putaytoe likes this.
                        • eafooe

eafooe Orbital Explorer

Is there any way to assign the TouchAction events ChangeOutOfSwimsuit and PoolExit to the same tile? I would like my character to change out of their swimsuit and exit the pool simultaneously.

• Moragaine

That's not possible, sorry.

• eafooe

eafooe Orbital Explorer

Thank you.

• nnyeon

nnyeon Void-Bound Voyager

• KATKATNUG

KATKATNUG Void-Bound Voyager

, i cant open any map with the outdoor fall tilesheet. Game loads fine. I dont remember what I changed but i cant open it anymore. Ive tried rerolling to an old save, going back to an old version of my maps, Ive verified my game files thru steam and restarting my computer. Closing programs so i have more memory does nothing.

I would appreciate it a lot if someone could help me figure it out

unable to load tilesheeet 'outdoor', "fall_outdoorsTileSheet.png", inner message: out of memory

r

• brandily

brandily Void-Bound Voyager

I'm working on a farmcave map edit and want to add a kitchen. I've tried using the kitchen property in the building layer of the tiles. It shows them having an action in game, but when I click on it nothing happens. Does the kitchen not work in the farmcave/out of the farmhouse or is there something else i need besides action:kitchen?

• Moragaine

Alas, the kitchen action only works in the farmhouse(although this didn't used to be true).

• brandily

brandily Void-Bound Voyager

That was such a speedy reply!
                                      I figured the problem was that it only worked in the farmhouse. I was just really hoping I had just missed something I needed to make it work. Thank you for confirming. Back to the drawing board.

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

Hey, question? How do you change the spot where the farmhouse / greenhouse / spouse area / pet area spawn on custom farm maps?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.