Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@rare_candy_bracelet You can't unless you use MTN, which is currently being rewritten by the author.

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

well shoot. thank you for the speedy reply at least.

• rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

Okay, follow up question - I've downloaded MTN and my new map's coming along quite nicely! However, the canopy above the farm (the kind like in the Secret Woods and Foraging Farm maps) isn't showing up at all! The log file isn't showing any issues and I'm pretty sure I put the canopy on the right layer (Always Front) but I can't seem to get it to show up.

• Moragaine

@rare_candy_bracelet I suggest posting on the MTN page, so the author can see it. You could also join the SdV discord server; there are a number of folks in the modding channel who are fairly familiar with MTN.

• GeneralTeddyMayhem

GeneralTeddyMayhem Void-Bound Voyager

Help! What am I doing wrong?! :cry:

upload_2019-4-1_22-12-37.png

• Moragaine

@GeneralTeddyMayhem I'm not that familiar with tIDE, but I know it's old and finicky.. Perhaps you could try working with Tiled, which is still being actively worked on..

pepoluan likes this.
              • GeneralTeddyMayhem

GeneralTeddyMayhem Void-Bound Voyager

Oh! I was not aware of that one, thank you so very much! I shall go give it a try instead :)

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

I ran into the same problem as @GeneralTeddyMayhem. I have tried to use Tiled, but it's not recognizing the tbin file format, nor xnb. And the errors that Tiled return when trying to open a file are not as detailed as the one returned by tIDE, which lets you know what file it needs, in order for the map/tilesheet to be edited.

• Moragaine

@oldfarmer93 XNBs are packed files for the game, you won't be able to open them with a map editor, you'll need an xnb unpacker. However, Tiled can edit .tbin files, you just have to tell it you want to: there is a tbin plugin that you need to activate. With Tiled open go to Edit, Preferences, Plugins and check the tbin.dll - you now should be able to edit SdV maps.

• krookodilehunter

krookodilehunter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tiled crashes anytime I try to open a .tbin file. What should I do?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Do you have all the tilesheets the map needs in the same folder as the map you are editing? A good policy is to extract the entire Maps folder and copy all the tilesheets to wherever you edit maps.

• krookodilehunter

That would probably be the reason for the crashing. Where would I find the tilesheets for the regular farm, specifically?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The standard Farm map references the paths and spring_outdoorsTileSheet sheets. Both can be extracted from XNBs in the Maps folder.

• krookodilehunter

Thank you very much!

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Try updating Tiled.

I too had just experienced a crash trying to open Woods.tbin without the paths.png and spring_outdoorsTileSheet.png in the same folder.

Then I went to itch.io and saw that a newer version had just been released. I upgraded and now Tiled can open the Woods.tbin without crashing, and in addition telling me that it needs the two .png files mentioned above.

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, I could use some help with the tilesheets in tIDE! Aside from the furniture and indoor tilesheets, I have a lot of issues with adding in my walls and floors tilesheet. I used XNBExtract to unpack the file for my personal xnb for decorating the wallpaper and flooring in-game, and whenever I add the unpacked walls and floors png as a tilesheet, there's always a huge transparent gap that shows up while trying to edit the walls for the spouses' rooms, and I can only use the 16x16 size or else whatever resized tilesheet I try to use will be labeled as an "incompatible tile size".

I'm not sure how to fix/resize the walls and floors tilesheet and be able to use it to edit the spouse rooms, so I'd appreciate any form of help ASAP. Thank you in advance!

• Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think I completly understand your issue, but I'll try to help. Feel free to join the SDV discord server and ping Zola#2185 in #modding if you need immediate help as well!
                                    We do NOT recommend tiDE anymore. Tiled (https://www.mapeditor.org/) is 200 times better AND up to date. As for XNB to PNG, we recommend XNBcli (https://github.com/LeonBlade/xnbcli/releases), which is in my opinion easier to use, and I cannot recall any transparency issue with this one unlike XNBextract and XNBnode.

• VioletViolet

VioletViolet Poptop Tamer

I am trying to open my tbin files using Tiled, however it keeps giving me an error (unrecognized file format). I have been able to open modded tbin files I have found online, just not my own.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but it is a decrypted file from my vita, not pc. I have been successful in modifying everything (dialogue, sprites, portraits, buidlings) except for anything in the maps folder. I get as far as unpacking the xnb files but I am unable to open my tbin files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also I have attached the tbin file if that helps c; !

Attached Files:

• Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huh, got the same error as you. Can you send me the XNB?

• prants

prants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello,
                                          Sorry if this isn't the place to ask stuff as a mod user rather than a modder, but I haven't been able to find anyone else asking about this issue anywhere.
                                          I've used several different custom maps across different saves but if I use any custom/modded map besides the default maps that come with the game, my spouse never uses the outdoor spouse area. The area is the normal blank one before I marry and it changes correctly depending on who I've married in the save, but my spouse only ever starts the day inside the farm house or on the front porch.
                                          I haven't switched to new maps in the middle of a save, I only have the current map for the current save in my mods folder in case of any warp stuff clashing (so I only play one save at a time before starting another and I haven't loaded any old ones), I don't have MTN2 installed anymore, and this happens on both older maps and freshly released ones.
                                          Is this normal?
                                          Thanks for any help!!

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.