A suggestion for endgame

Discussion in 'Side Quests' started by Sammy Tee, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Sammy Tee

Sammy Tee Void-Bound Voyager

As it stands, every decent item is made via crafting. As it stands, we get the max gear and all of a sudden everything is a pushover.

I think, endgame should have things LIKE THIS:

Planetary Primary Threats- Each and every planet has a randomly generated 'threat' associated with it. At the moment each planet has some randomly placed minibosses, towns, camps etc, but nothing that is really pushing us to want to explore countless planets.

My idea is that each planet *ALSO* has a threat on it, such as an overwhelming hostile alien presence, a huge bandit base (which could fire on your ship as you reach orbit, promoting a new progression quest to upgrade your ship's shields) a zombie army, an enormous rampaging robot or monster, etc...

These threats, once completed could yield extra rewards, and I mean rewards, not gimmicky 'legendary' weapons that are worse than the thing you crafted 2 weeks ago aboard your ship. Real rewards, like actual ARMOUR upgrades, a weapon that's better than what can be crafted at top tier, etc.

I think this would be awesome fun! And breathe life into this game as we otherwise find ourselves playing pirates of the caribbean on a steel drum in yet ANOTHER moon base we just built for no reason.

Some examples:
    • There is a hostile alien presence on a planet. Teems of ugly and fast, hunter style alien warriors in vain of xenomorphs from the alien franchise or arachnids from starship troopers could immediately be noted to your presence on the planet and come at you. In this time you gotta build a quick base and stand up on the walls with your buddies blasting on them with rifles and slashing them up on the battlements. Once a set amount of waves have been defeated and a broodmother or queen has been killed serving as the boss, the loot would drop. Could even have special armours that are awarded to you based on how many of these xeno waves you have completed on many planets, like predator style armour made from the corpses of the aliens to show your prowess and experience.

• There is a zombie infestation on the planet. The planet would be like a ruined city throughout with zombies feasting and standing around aimlessly murmuring in huge packs inside darkened buildings and such. Torches required!! Rocket Launchers preferable! After every single zombie has been eliminated, the loot would drop. Imagine it, your friends jumping from rooftop to rooftop blasting on tons of zombies. Should definitely think about implementing gore and actual blood and death animations to the game to encompass this. After you've defeated a certain amount of these, you could even be rewarded with the secret to spreading the zombie infestation yourself, enabling players to effectively infest planets themselves.

• There is a giant monster on the planet, akin to the kaiju, or godzilla, or an enormous out of control robot or some other powerful Marvel style villainous force. This would serve as a huge epic battle, porting around and fighting against a giant beast with the power to kill you and your friends in one hit. The parts from the robots or monsters could be salvaged and planked onto your existing items to improve their stats - endgame progression ad infinitum. And also, reason to want to hunt down these events.

• Finally, the planet could have a massive bandit army stationed there. Your ship would require shields to withstand a bombardment from the planet's surface and you'd have a set time limit to find and destroy the AA Guns or wipe the bandits out entirely before they damage your ship. A damaged ship shouldn't be too detrimental, like smashing out an entire portion of your ship or breaking it entirely, but it should cause a fuel leak, or cause you to drift uncontrollably into space for a while, perhaps ending up in some unknown solar system until you can get fuel. The bandits could come at you in waves, be waiting for you at the drop in point, have barricades and bunkers, bases, and a large main base with the bandit's leader, who would drop the nice stuff, aswell as a commendation you could hand in at the outpost for a large amount of pixels.

So what do you think guys?? Would love to hear what everyone thinks of my ideas. I love this game and want to have more to do except build starbases and play van halen to the cat aboard my ship once I have the best gear.

Katadeus and Hatsya Souji like this.
  2. Katadeus

Katadeus Void-Bound Voyager

I like the planet-based approach, but it might be difficult to spread out to make each experience unique.
    for the zombie/alien warrior invasions, perhaps these could take place in pre-existing villages to narrow the scope. When the threat has been neutralized, you could approach the settlement's ruling party and receive an award.
    To deal with the multiplayer complications of unique, more powerful armor, perhaps they could be limited to top-tier stats in multiplayer, but retaining appearance? Not sure if that is possible to do without risk of exploits, but could be worth a shot.
    A bandit threat could be a great addition as well.