1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED A.V.I.A.N. Avian Core

Artificial Visual Intelligent Assistance Network

1. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmm, seems to be a problem of the game. I dunno what could solve it. Are you on a mac? A friend of mine is and had issues too.
    One thing to look at is the log of the game. It's the starbound log in the "storage_unstable" folder.
    It logs what it does and when it has what errors.

But generally, if it has issues with the assets, even without a mod, I dunno what could cause that as the assets are packed and made like that by the devs

2. Crystan

Crystan Maverick Hunter

Have you made a clean install? Backed up savegames and universe files (which are not yet compatible with the new version but will be in a later update), deleted the starbound.config etc.

3. newciv1

newciv1 Void-Bound Voyager

So... I need to delete what files in what other file? Just to be absolutely clear ^-^[DOUBLEPOST=1420260870][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well thanks anyway ^-^ And I use a Windows PC. But I have oooooone last question... I really want to get into modding, professional level, like you. I already know how to mod a race, but that's kinda easy :p How does one do a more complex mod like you? Any tutorials? Is there some class I need to sign up for? this is something I wanna get serious about, and based off this mod, you're the best person to ask! ^-^

4. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

Umm, I am definetly not too good at modding. Everything I know I learned from looking at the files and replacing lines and stuff :rofl:
    And there's better ways to do it, like with patching instead of replacing entire files.
    The animation of the ai on the other hand is mostly just because I've been drawing for years. Also pixel art isn't too hard. Not even animating is.

I imagine, if you want to go into modding, just unpack the latest assets of the game and look into them.
    I imagine you know about notepad++? It's the optimal program to open all non .png files with.
    There you can just read and roughly guess the logic and structure behind everything. Then it's mostly about testing and trying.

5. newciv1

newciv1 Void-Bound Voyager

Cool ^-^ Thanks. My problem is I don't even know how to animate .__. But drawing is something I love, so hopefully this'll go over well ^-^ And C++, I do have, although sometimes I'm too afraid to jack something up to use it :rofl: So thanks! I hope this works out, and thanks for the help!

6. Moxxit

Moxxit Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is amazing and makes my experience so much better but it would be even more awesome if it was compatible with Your Unstable Starbound Crew :lickitung:

Starcat5 likes this.
  7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

You really outdid the devs in animation of S.A.I.L - fantastic job

Starcat5 likes this.
  8. Dean102

Dean102 Void-Bound Voyager

Is this mod compatible with multiplayer?

9. Starcat5

Starcat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now that Stable is here, I expect good things from this mod. If not a full version for every race, then at the very least a way to lock A.V.I.A.N. to a specific race so custom races may show off their own AIs. And better still, the ability for custom races to have their own version of A.V.I.A.N., rather than the simpler custom S.A.I.L.s that we would otherwise be stuck with.

10. Glitchtonite

Glitchtonite Subatomic Cosmonaut

Heyy!! Really love this mod :) thanks for making it :)
    1 question: Can u try makin it for only avians cus i also enjoy the ai of the other races :0

11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Agreed. If not how can I do so myself? I'm unfamiliar with how the A.I.s work.

12. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

with starbound being updated now i want to know if this would work for the newset update?

13. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

There is a bug in the upgradeship5.aicommand file; it doesn't have the skyrailTech in its showTech action. Apart from this (and that it will conflict hard with any mod that includes a SAIL, such as any new race mod) I believe the mod is working fine for the stable version, I've been using it without issues.

I also converted the files (except for avianai.png and avianai.frames) into patches for my personal use, and I think those files could be of interest to the author of the mod. The resulting files are attached, though in a way that should only be usable by the author (and other modders that know how to replace the current files); since the author didn't give automatic permission for redistributing the mod, I'm not going to post anything that works out of the box.

Attached Files:

14. laz2727

laz2727 Phantasmal Quasar

This mod is incompatible with YourStarboundCrew.

And can i cut her down back into 2 frame animations for DrSBAItso? I mean, i already did it, but i want to post it in their thread and i need permission or something.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  15. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Just to verify, does your edit make the mod only apply to Avian characters, and fix that bug you mentioned?

16. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Pangalactic Porcupine

It fixes the bug, yes. I've been using it and (apart from conflicts with some mods I'm not currently using) didn't see any issues. And fixing the bug is the only actual edit I did, the rest was just converting the files into patches.
    (Well, not a bug actually. The base file for that mission changed since AVIAN was made. And since it replaces files rather than using patches, this created an issue.)

As for making it only apply to Avian characters, I'm not sure that is even possible with how SAIL works currently. Not without side-effects, at least. Apparently all animations need to be the same size for all races, so when the animation sizes are increased for AVIAN, it would require redone avatars for all races with the same increased animation sizes. Without those redone avatars, the alternative is to use AVIAN for all races.

I believe I would be able to create a workaround for that, which would require the idle animation for AVIAN to be cut down to 21 frames to match the default one. Basically it would require renaming the current AVIAN animations with different names than the default ones, making fallback animations for AVIAN with the same names and sizes as the default ones (can be done by tweaking just the frames file), and tweaking every aicommand and aimission file to use the AVIAN animations just for the Avian race and the fallback ones for everyone else. As a side-effect, it should solve the conflict issues this mod has.

@Kawa apparently also figured a way to implement AVIAN without conflicts.

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's basically the only thing my method wouldn't be able to work around, too.

18. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

@Cgeta I've added your mod to the featured list, congrats!

19. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

Wow this looks wonderful! =D Please update it to Upbeat Giraffe, this beats the pants off of most custom-race AI usage. xD Beautiful bird girlie! <3

20. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

WOW, this looks absolutely amazing, with such work i bet it took you a while, with that in mind the animation looks beautiful, the one thing i would love to see now is two gender types, and for all races (with also two gender types), now THAT would be fantastic as hell