Suggestion A way to make edits to Uploaded maps without taking them down

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Auramaster13, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Auramaster13

Auramaster13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Currently, if you find an issue or need to change something about your custom map or campaign you need to remove it from the sharing list and edit it validate it and then re-upload it even if it's something as simple as fixing a typo on the description. This is a major issue as removing a map also removes all rating and it also means that maps will just get lost in the bottom of the map list when reuploaded leaving no chance for a map that needs tweaks here in there based on balancing to ever make its way to the top of the list.

What we need is a way to update a map similar to how you can update mods.

What I propose is 2 things:

- 1. allow editing of the map description without removing at all.

- 2. allow users to continue to edit a map even while it's uploaded and then be able to push an update, still requiring validation.
    - When the update is pushed when viewing in the downloaded tab an icon will be visible and clicking said icon will update your local version to the one on the server.

With the way it is now, people are discouraged from fixing an issue with their map if it's something as minor as a unit in the wrong spot or some missing details here and i think it hurts the custom content side of things quite a bit.

Andreas5524 likes this.
    • Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

Custom maps also need a timestamp and generated ID tracker to help with the updating process. Which I feel is something that has to be worked on from server-side and the game itself.