1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Able to use items and tech in Distortion Sphere

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Khurim, Jul 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Khurim

Khurim Void-Bound Voyager

There's a weird bug that goes on with the distortion sphere that allows the player to use items and tech (energy dash, wall jump, and pulse jump tested) while inside.

If, while in a Sonic sphere, I dash, jump, exit the sphere, double jump, and enter the sphere again before hitting the ground, I'm able to use items and tech. This usually carries on until I exit the game, but sometimes it cancels.
    Swords and melee weapons are invisible, but makes noise sometimes. It seems that the first time I activate the glitch, I can use them, but if I re-enter, I can still use tech and thrown weapons, but no melee weapons,
    Tested with sonic sphere and distortion, assuming it works the same with others.
    Also, here's a pic of me using energy dash with distortion sphere (note that this usually isn't possible in game)[​IMG]

Note: The above method only sometimes works. There's probably some other factor I haven't seen yet.

Additional Note: When the weapons make noise, they still do damage. This, again, seems to only work the first time I activate the glitch. Also swinging around with a grapple hook in a morphball is super fun.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016