Mob About mob and mob fighting mechanics

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by pakhibirdy, Apr 14, 2015.

1. pakhibirdy

pakhibirdy Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Though I love this game very much today I'm here with some complains. The complain is about the mob system. I think this is the least developed part of starbound. But it shouldn't be. Because it is one of the most important feature of this game. I saw some excellent ideas at the forum. But no one seems to care. There are constant upgrades of the game. Many features are being upgraded. I think the first priority should be a perfect mob system. Fighting with the mobs is the coolest thing (or at least cooler than most of the things), right? I'm looking forward for some answers from starbound community, modders and developers. I myself have some ideas. But I didn't mentioned those as I thing that will weaken this post. Maybe later. For now, the already suggested features at the forum should be implemented.

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

One major thing about fighting mobs is just how little they actually take advantage of their abilities. if they've got a charge attack, shouldn't they be using hit and run tactics? If they can lift you up, wouldn't it make more sense if they can use it to both toss you up and restrain you? If they have super lungs, wouldn't it make sense that they try and blow you off cliff? All of these evolutionary phenomenons and they just run up and spam their attack at you. Kinda lame if you can just use the same tactics for all of them