About the skill tree

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wuzhles, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Hello! In the Developer Update from October 5th I noticed ConcernedApe brought up his Talent Tree. I looked at it and thought to myself "That Artisan talent looks a little too useful compared to the other talent". I know it's silly and all but look at it:
    [​IMG]
    The Artisan is a little unbalanced. Basically I either get crops that grow a little faster or I get to sell products for a WAY higher price than intended. What I'm trying to say is that I think the Artisan's bonus should be reduced to prevent everyone and their mum from picking Artisan simply because of the incredible boost it brings.

Well, either that or Agriculturist could have you gain 50% more from crops.

Also, I haven't followed the news or forums specially well so if I missed something relating to what I just mentioned, please tell me about it.

Thanks.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I kind of agree, but it all depends on how much Artisan goods are worth anyways, what qualifies are an artisan good, and how exactly you go around getting them. I'm totally in favor of keeping them the way it is, if the way to get some of the goods, like the wine in the icon, takes a while to get, such as you have to build the brewery, then you have to purchase the stuff for the inside, then if you want the good stuff it has to upgrade, and the good wine takes about two seasons to ferment.

Honestly though, if it was to be kept the same way, I'd suggest switching Agriculturist and Tiller. Make it so all crops will grow 10% faster, and then make crops worth 50% more to make it competitive.

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think artisan work as something you cant mass produce such as maybe jelly or maybe fine made wine (as you see i have no clue what is going to be "artisan").
        which means that artisan branching wont get neglected as much as it maybe would be if people did just see it as a way to get some cash on the side on the farming.

• Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I think its really a decision on what YOU want to do. If you like farming, go for the Agriculturist, if you don't but still want some profit, go for Artisan. But... I see your point, Artisan seems a LITTLE bit OP.