1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP ACME Crafting suite

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by dw420, Jan 5, 2014.

1. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

First up...An animated workbench on which one can use pedals, coal and bone to create various dyes replacing and extending the current range of 3 dyes ingame
    .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These dyes can then be used as materials in recipes for coloured variants of items etc.

This is the final version of the Vat as a standalone as i am happy with the way everything looks. Any future major updates will be done through the ACME crafting suite (see post below) that i am in the process of finalizing for initial release (the Dye Vat has been the core element for most of the example items included there).

As this is a one man band i am forced to create only a few items per workbench category and would be more than welcoming of the idea of adapting a mod that fits a workbenches theme rather than doing it from scratch. If you have a mod that fits the theme of a bench and wouldn't mind me using/altering it as a part or as a whole, please give me a shout. :)

I have no problem for someone to use any of my work posted here as a part or a whole in their mod as long as i am made aware of the usage (post in this thread or send me a pm etc) and credit is given both to me and the people i have credited in this thread and my documentation. Have fun.

reason for edit: updated with more accurate info.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  2. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

ACME CRAFTING SUITE:

[​IMG]
    Current Status Update: Workbenches that are ready atm..from left to right:
    The ACME Delivery Post, 7 (ACME) Furniture Assemblers (1 per race + 1 generic), (ACME) Lights Shack, (ACME) Yarn Spinner, (ACME) Heralds Post, (ACME) Table Saw, (ACME) Jr Tinkering Kit and the (ACME) Dye Vat.

Things that are most likely to NOT change on the way to 1.0 :

The Delivery post is 3D Printable ONLY [I don't like cluttering the crafting table...let alone the "C" menu] and sells (so far) only Workbenches and Manuals (eg ACME Tinkering Monthly Vol 1 - Lanterns on a stick.) . Hopefully by the end of this ride i will have a clue on how to add a codex that lists the credits...

The suite will be comprised of a core mod coupled by a minor mod per each workbench making user-end editing etc somewhat easier. It also saves bandwidth and is easier for me to move around while jumping from one task to another. Although the whole thing might work if you drop everything into 1 folder...i am not willing to take on the task of supporting errors etc due to someone merging the folders.

The suite will (try to) avoid making important items available too early and/or contest files that might be handled between it and other mods. My goal is for ACME to stack up with as many mods as possible without risking of breaking them.

Vanilla Items that will be affected and (at best) shouldn't be contested by other mods:

Dyes (No other mod should be needed since the Dye Vat replaces the vanilla dyes and expands the available selection)

Flashlights , Lanterns , Lantern on a stick (the suite makes available coloured versions responding to the dye spectrum, you shouldn't need another mod )

Sneak Pic (see what i did there?)

[​IMG] - Crafting window UI -

Initial release should be in the coming days.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

Been having a few problems with categorizing the vanilla objects ... which is resulting in a further delay due to scrapping a few workstations in favour of others and basically re-evaluating how things will be done..

Here are some pics for anyone that is interested how far this is progressing...

(click on the thumbs for larger versions)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Stations to be introduced in the future (as things stand)
    A tanning rack and a sculptors bench ( floran stuff are mainly of stone and leather)
    some sort of glasswork and pottery station (for the smashable objects)
    music & entertainment (hylotl have a decent sized set of "toys" and club objects...could also host the instruments)

No new items have been introduced since i am waiting for the next patch which will hopefully introduce MrMagicals Dyeing Bucket as a vanilla item. As soon as this is done i will need to reevaluate a few recipes etc, as well as adjust to what would seem the most efficient way to make new textures/recipes/items.

Thats it for now...hopefully back soon with an actual download

PS. If you have a mod that already does leather tanning, sculptures, pottery or musical instruments and you wouldn't mind me adapting and perhaps expanding it a bit please contact me. Of course credits etc will be given where due.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. Game³oid

Game³oid Big Damn Hero

5. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

Quick progress update.

[​IMG]

WB = workbench
    FS = furnace and furnace-like objects
    * Placeholder graphic - looking to change them before release

1. JR Heralds Kit (signs, posters, graffiti, paintings etc) WB
    2. JR Tinkering Kit (gadgets, tools, flares, flashlight/lanternstick/lantern, beamaxe/picks/drills, bows and tazers, grenades etc) WB
    3. Molecular discombobulator (alchemy machine) FS
    4. Single slot furnace (3 upgrades: Basic 1slot -> Basic 2slot -> Advanced 1slot -> Advanced 2slot. An impervium smelter is also to be added .) FS*
    5. Acme Main (a workbench makers table in order to keep the vanilla menus clutter free.) WB*
    6. Yarn Auto Spinner (clothes,flags,bags, banners and anything else textile related) WB
    7. Candlemakers bench (lights) WB*
    8. Engineers Bench (non-wood decorations, anything that would require motors, complex circuitboards etc.) WB
    9. Carpenters Bench (crates,lockers,chests, cabinets,shelves, beds,chairs,tables, doors, wood decorations that don't fit in elsewhere) WB
    10. Dye Vat (dyes) WB*
    11.Tumbledyer (item and clothes dyeing) FS
    12. Tanning Rack (process animal carcasses and other leather,feather and pelt related items) WB
    13. Sculptors Post (statues, fountains, stone,wood and bone carving) WB
    14. Weaponsmithing Post (melee weapons,shields, thrown weapons) WB
    15.Armour Smithing Post ( metal armour) WB
    16. Juicer (turn pineapple to pineapple juice etc) FS
    17.Craft-0-matic (boss items, engine upgrades) WB*

Materials already introduced: (items used for crafting other items/objects)

17 new dyes (total: 19 colours + bleach)
    Glass bottle
    Clay pot
    5 sizes of lights frames (huge,large,medium,small and tiny) - Introduced in order to simplify the process of making multiple different lights at the same time)
    3 sizes of lightbulbs (large,medium,tiny)
    4 types of material blocks used for sculpting (metal,stone,ivory and sandstone)
    Straw (mattress stuffing, hay related items)
    Filler (advanced mattress stuffing, plush stuffing, insulated clothing)
    CPU & engine (for making stuff like propellers or servers)
    Animal carcasses (drop on kill with hunting equipment instead of alienmeat - normal kill rewards remain unaffected. )
    Animal feathers (bird), skull and intestines (land creatures)
    Leather straps (in order to use less leather in some items eg a full set of bongos [4 items] will require less that 4 leather)
    String (used for bowcrafting, stringed instruments)
    Woodplank (a subdivision of darkwoodmaterial used in things like painting frames etc similarly to the leather strap this is for spreading out crafting costs.)

Vanilla items repurposed as mats:
    Inferior Brain (tanning rack/animal carcass, used for things crafting things like brain in a jar)
    Pelt (tanning rack/animal carcass, used to extract leather, fur cloathing, insulation etc)
    Bolt (used in order to diversify and spread out iron costs)

Other mats introduced "early" :
    Paper
    Polymer
    Wire
    Circuitboard
    Laser Diode

Todo before release:
    --WB
    Instruments, First Aid, Anvil ------ DONE
    Blocks and platforms
    Textures, animations
    --Assign last few recipes
    --Flesh out recipes (atleast to a point where it can be called "beta")
    --Rework old recipes to work with tumbledyer

CREDITS :

Link9007 & Mr Magical (The tumbledyer is a slightly modified version of Links Dyes aplenty, which is an adaption of MrMagical Dyeing Bucket mod.)
    Kellerautomat for his Placeable atmosphere generator.
    Anipsy for his Exotic goods.
    Xuhybrid
    for his Matter Manipulator Plus which was the base for the acme versions included in the suite
    Desperer for his extra lanterns which was the base for the acme versions included in the suite

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. Game³oid

Game³oid Big Damn Hero

You gave me soo many ideas :) for workbenchs! You should get the helping out the community badge!

7. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

added fleshstrand to the materials that one can extract from an animal carcass

8. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

added first aid station (bandages/ meds / stims) , science bench (seed cloning) ,instrument makers bench (self explanatory), anvil (metal decorations)

science bench materials : stem cells and DNA strand (extracted from fleshstrands and brains) , used to clone seeds from fruit or make a brain from lesser ones)

---added festive bench (holiday stuff)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014