1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Actual rain during a nasty bit of the game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by navar0nius, May 5, 2013.

1. Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

During a rain event, there could be persistent damage. The actual rain falling on you doesn't have to be the thing that causes damage - the 'Game' could damage you and the fact that there's rain falling should suggest to the player it's the rain doing the dirty work.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

What about when you are underneath something that would normally block the rain from hitting you? That may get in the way of the first two graphics settings if the rain image is bigger than one ground tile.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, I thought of this problem too. However, I wasn't going to give my suggestion endless thought to try and catch all exceptions. It was just a suggestion - if the devs like it enough, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work.

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree with the idea that rain should occur in general "You shall die now" situations.

• navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this seems like the best idea at the time.