Add the ability to talk to shop keepers behind their counters

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ingway, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Ingway

Ingway Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm honestly surprised this isn't a thing. I remenber harvest moon and rune factory games all having that option, when you go and try to talk to a shop keeper while they're working you'd get a "talk/shop" option.

It's especially annoying in the clinic since i have to do a big circle wasting like 20 in game minutes just to say hi.

Kittenykat likes this.
    • OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

You can do that by walking around the counter to say hi.

It is also that way on purpose (for example notice Gunther is unreachable, it is because you can't be friends with Gunther, thus the game breaks if you somehow reach him behind the counter).

• TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

Do you mean JUST Harvey specifically? Because reaching Pierre or Marnie or Gus or Clint or Willy is pretty simple....

• Gorgon

Gorgon Space Spelunker

And Harvey you can talk to, too. If you are friends enough, you can open the doors. And walk behind the corner. (Spoiler: This leads to funny moments, when there is a patient, which is not happy, that you just enter the examination... ^^)

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

You guys are missing the point. He means simply being able to use talk from 2 tiles away instead of 1 when there's an intervening counter, because going around -literally- wastes time. Well, unless you've got the mod that freezes time indoors (which I heartily recommend). ^^;

You also can't talk to Pierre at the egg festival because of this, though that's probably by design. So that would need to be addressed if this was fixed.

• TheLoreSeeker

TheLoreSeeker Phantasmal Quasar

I get it... but Harvey is the only person that requires any kind of detour for going around.........

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

You that missed my point.

I said the dev made the game this way, ON PURPOSE, because there are character he DOES NOT want you to chat with them, probably if you try the game even crash.

To change this, it would require changing lots of parts of the game, not just adding a "talk" menu option.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

No missing of it there at all, Speeder. I addressed it right there in the second line. :p Besides which, I'm sure CA has an errorcatch in place in case someone got past it, so that doing so probably just made it so 'talking' to gunther (or pierre during a festival at his kiosk) just brings up their shop menus anyways.