Modding Help Adding A Modded Race Villages in Starbound, Need Help.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by BoxOfPuppy, Jul 17, 2019.

1. BoxOfPuppy

BoxOfPuppy Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I want to add villages in Starbound featuring a race I've made, but I've haven't a clue on how to mod biomes nor how to make a race of villagers spawn in the game. If someone can help me out or give a easy tutorial link it'll be much appreciated! I also plan on uploading the modded race here soon for those that doesn't have steam. I'm still a greenhorn when it comes to modding mind you. ^_^'

2. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

3. BoxOfPuppy

I actually have that program and I was using it, but when I did, I messed up somewhere along the line and majority of the dungeon in Starbound was completely jacked... I had to start back from my back up files. That's why I was hoping for some tutorials... X3

Oh! If you happens to know how to get the modded race to appear at the outpost that'll help out to!

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Newest version of tiled doesn't work.
    You will need to use the version from January or before

5. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

What issues does the newest version have? I downloaded it and used it to make a dungeon. What adverse effects will this have?

6. BoxOfPuppy

So I just have to use the old version instead?

7. Lemon drops

Lemon drops Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I used the new one to put in villagers, you just open a vanilla dungeon, copy an npc, and change it so that your race is in the "npc" box instead of whatever else there was.

Screenshot (2).png

8. BoxOfPuppy

That sounds way more simplified then what I was doing..